User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wjjmckay
(regular) Sun 14-Jul-13 12:30:24
Print Post

sky port forwarding webcam

[link to this post]

Hi guys
I'm setting up an ip webcam for a friend who is on sky llu broadband, i have the same set up at home with adsl24 and this works perfectly.
The webcam is my old one he can try before buying a new one.
The camera is set to use port 81 and its set up on router to do this, (sky sagem router f@st 2304) but its saying port closed.
i tried a netgear router and its saying the same and sky tech won't discuss this, i have dyndns set up also but its not showing the camera on that port either.
I've tried lots of things before resorting to posting here can anyone help to get this working or as friend is considering moving broadband to another provider if it turns out to be sky.

Willie
Standard User jamie543
(learned) Sun 14-Jul-13 13:24:38
Print Post

Re: sky port forwarding webcam

[re: wjjmckay] [link to this post]

have you tried changing the port on the camera as this should be possible to rule out it just being this port?

Standard User wjjmckay
(regular) Sun 14-Jul-13 13:39:59
Print Post

[re: jamie543] [link to this post]

Hi
yes i've tried a few

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jamie543
(learned) Sun 14-Jul-13 14:25:47
Print Post

You have set the camera to have a static ip address i take it and then you have set up port forwarding in the sagam router?

Edit might be worth while looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvwrfOORMjI

Edited by jamie543 (Sun 14-Jul-13 14:37:13)

Standard User jamie543
(learned) Sun 14-Jul-13 14:29:35
Print Post

Also have you tried using the DMZ option to rule out any port forwarding errors on your part?

Standard User wjjmckay
(regular) Sun 14-Jul-13 14:58:07
Print Post

Hi
Thanks for the replies, pulling my hair out with this now.
I seen that video this morning and everything is the same and its the same at my house, the dmz thing yes I've set the ip address of camera in it also and its still not working.
the camera works fine within the network 192.168.0.*:81 but not from outside via the internet.
Still sure its a sky issue, changed to a netgear router and its the same outcome.
Friend really wants this camera to work and if it means changing isps he'll do it but id rather try everything else first.

Willie
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 14-Jul-13 16:31:36
Print Post

sounds like either a firewall issue or the router's web management interface is on 81 to the WAN port.

Does it have a firewall log ? should show bounced connection attempts.

If you can disable firewall for half an hour that might reveal where the problem is.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 14-Jul-13 16:58:21
Print Post

Are you testing it on the same connection it's set up on? You need loopback enabled to do that. Try it from a different connection

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User wjjmckay
(regular) Sun 14-Jul-13 18:27:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hi
If i view the cam its via network address 192.168.0.*:81 where it works fine, if i try from the internet using 3g on phone tethered to laptop its not working.
I've not given up hope i'll keep trying after I've been fed, will post back if anything happens.
Thanks guys.

Willie
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 14-Jul-13 18:43:13
Print Post

You have a private message, see the flashing envelope at the top of the page

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to