User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 30-Jul-13 15:48:20
Print Post

sky hub

[link to this post]

just rejoined sky due for activation on the 8th august,

Can anyone with the sky hub tell me what the wireless is like IE range wise and if its full wireless N (300Mb), I used to be with sky a while back but used my own router i understand things have changed which makes it a bit harder to do these days so im hoping the hub is an improvement over the horrid things they used to send out lol

Thanks Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - IP Profile - 69.54 Mbps / 20Mbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Jul-13 15:58:42
Print Post

Re: sky hub

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/77-sk...

Quick look at the speeds. Still using it, and coverage is pretty reasonable, but nothing too exciting. A fast FTTC line could be held back by the hub.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 30-Jul-13 16:39:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/77-sk...

Quick look at the speeds. Still using it, and coverage is pretty reasonable, but nothing too exciting. A fast FTTC line could be held back by the hub.

thanks for the reply ive got back to ADSL so broadband wise not a prob but i do network transfer so 300 would of been an advantage but not the end of the world still better than the old sky router i had were the wireless was capped at 64Mb, range wise though mainly for mobiles,

I see your only getting 767 on the upload is that due to a profile your on or isit the hub limiting it i only say this because on my old sky router my upload would never go past 800k sync but when i plugged my TT D-Link (after extracting user/pw from sky router) in it would go to full 1.3

Thanks
Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Jul-13 16:59:34
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

The Sky DLM tweaked itself a month or two ago, so the upload has gone up now

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 30-Jul-13 17:22:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks for that TBH it will be an adjustment going from FTTC back to ADSL but i can live with the download as my phone on the one plan gets 20+meg as well so i can balance my phone and BB if i have something big EG steam games but the upload will take some big getting used to again lol going from 20 back down to 1meg so obvs ill want to get as many K's as poss out of that lol

Ash

My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
  Print Thread

Jump to