User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zrerz
(committed) Fri 16-Aug-13 17:20:05
Print Post

new sky router?

[link to this post]

Hi All,

I heard that Sky may be soon releasing a new router to replace the SR101 currently supplied. any one know if this is true?

zrerz.
SkyFibre Pro
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Aug-13 17:24:23
Print Post

Re: new sky router?

[re: zrerz] [link to this post]

There is a new router in beta testing but I have no idea about potential launch dates.

Oliver.
Standard User simon194
(committed) Fri 16-Aug-13 19:10:58
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

There's been a lot of rumours about a September launch but whether this will happen is anyone's guess. I guess it also has to be certified by Openreach as it's supposedly a VDSL modem/router.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zrerz
(committed) Mon 19-Aug-13 17:27:53
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Thanks to you all for replies.

I've decided to rejoin BT on its Infinity 2 system, going live soon.

Sky's SR101 is a let down for me, I lose one of the four ethernet connectors just so I can plug in the openreach fibre modem, so with no word from Sky, back to the devil I know.

BT Home Hub 4 will be the new equipment I'll be using, and looking forward to changing.

zrerz.
BTInfinity 2
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Sep-13 16:50:29
Print Post

I've had the SR101 on LLU for about 6 months. I've had no issues with it. I only get 3 bars on wireless but I am only on 8mbps so I never get a problem with througput

I'd love the next modem but I figure I'd need to have an NGA on my cab to connect it to? All but mine has been done in my town and it's now live.. grrr
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Sep-13 20:04:33
Print Post

No issues with mine.

Had it powered up for over 3000 hours no issues. 15 devices often connected. Never failed me.

Homehub crashes a lot
Standard User george1976
(newbie) Sun 01-Sep-13 20:34:40
Print Post

I have used SR101 from January with absolutely no problems at all. My wife connects wireless with her laptop, my son watches high definition you tube content over wireless also, I am gaming on a wired connection.Tv was also connected wired.
Rock solid with under 10ms latency. The only issue could be if you need more ports, I guess that was a gamebreaker for the OP.
  Print Thread

Jump to