User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User barker04
(regular) Sun 15-Sep-13 20:39:12
Print Post

New line and broadband with Sky - can you pick install date?

[link to this post]

As per subject really, if i place an order online with sky for a line with broadband is it possible to pick the install date online during order process?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Sep-13 21:09:04
Print Post

Re: New line and broadband with Sky - can you pick install d

[re: barker04] [link to this post]

No, sorry.
Standard User barker04
(regular) Mon 16-Sep-13 21:10:08
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Ah thats not great, apparently talktalk tell me that i can do it if i order with them , so expected i could do the same with sky!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 22:36:28
Print Post

What usually happens is you get an install date during the online order but then get a different date a week or two later when it's confirmed by letter. It's happened to me twice and it's very annoying.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 17-Sep-13 14:46:47
Print Post

Try ordering on the phone. We were given 3 date choices and chose a Saturday install.

http://www.holidayalmeria.co.uk - Holiday apartment website
http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:02:11
Print Post

Try going through the ordering process. When I ordered a FTTC upgrade I was able to pick a date. Its only at then end that you pay (well it was for me)

IanD
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Sep-13 00:47:53
Print Post

DId they offer you the moon on a stick too?

I'd rather wait for a decent service like Sky than get TalkTalk - but that's me from experience

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "
Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Tue 22-Oct-13 13:22:31
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I've recently ordered a new line (to a new property) and ADSL broadband together through Sky's website (and Quidco!), and yes it gave me a choice of install date. I'm an existing TV customer if it makes a difference. The earliest date was some way off (more than the quoted 2 weeks), but I've had a letter confirming the date I chose so I'm hoping all should be ok... I've noticed Openreach have also updated details for my line (it was the only one in my road not showing a cabinet on the BT Wholesale ADSL/FTTC checker before, now it shows it).
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Oct-13 13:30:23
Print Post

I have had sky installed at numerous houses as a new line. I have always rang not online and always got a specific date which I can choose, they also give morning, afternoon and evening slots. There's normally nothing for around 10 days and after that you are free to pick.

I had the broadband phone line and everything installed and activated at once in all cases. Dunno why other people suggest otherwise... I've always had a slot of around 4 hours given to me. Afterall we need it to fit around us too!!

Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 22-Oct-13 13:31:33)

Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Fri 22-Nov-13 23:16:04
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Just to say that everything went ahead with my install on the day I picked online when signing up... engineer turned up, new line had already been set up back to the exchange so it took him about 5 mins to fit the faceplate, carry out a test, and he was done. Connected my (non Sky, cough cough) router and ADSL was there too. No complaints!
  Print Thread

Jump to