User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 03:17:33
Print Post

sky line rental without BB

[link to this post]

Hi dose any one know if sky do line rental without broadband asking for a friend of mine he currently has sky TV and line rental and broadband with sky and wounder if he can get rid of his broadband and keep the TV and line rental as they are,
Due to distance he dose't get that fast speeds and his three one plan contract is in the 20+meg so seams silly to keep the broadband active when hes started to use his phone basically 100% of the time,

He needs the line rental for sky multi room and uses it for 0845 numbers etc hes happy to leave it with sky if possible because then its all under one bill and so on

Thanks Ash

Sky Unlimited - Speed to Be seen when fully activated
Standard User fabyon
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 04:20:42
Print Post

Re: sky line rental without BB

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

I take it he's on the £7.50 a month unlimited BB, he could downgrade to Sky BB Lite since it's free. Problem solved !

Sky Broadband
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 04:30:01
Print Post

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

yea that's right hes on the unlimited at 7.50 ill suggest that he looks into downgrading but just encase dose any one know if it is possible or not

Ash

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fabyon
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 05:47:42
Print Post

I've looked around on both sky and skyuser forum but I haven't come across anything similar (usually people want to keep broadband but have the phone service with someone else).

My best advice is for him to give them a call (it's free for him since he's on sky talk)

http://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-broadband/downgrade-...

Then he'll be able to ask if he can cancel broadband whilst keeping sky talk and his sky tv. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him unlimited for free but if I were him I would just downgrade and have the ADSL broadband as a backup in case he gets the occasional trouble with his three mobile broadband. Just let him know however that Sky lite has a usage cap at 2GB a month.

Sky Broadband
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 05:50:53
Print Post

thanks for getting back to me ill give them a ring or nip on the online chat later for him hes not too technical hence me asking on here for him first before i go through the endless options of the sky help line lol

Ash

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 16-Sep-13 07:26:14
Print Post

Best solution as has been mentioned is to downgrade to Sky free broadband smile They need to be careful not to use it otherwise it'll be automatically upgraded again.
Standard User RuzonRian
(newbie) Mon 16-Sep-13 07:30:19
Print Post

Re: sky line rental without BB *DELETED*

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Mon 16-Sep-13 07:38:41
Print Post

Re: sky line rental without BB *DELETED*

[re: RuzonRian] [link to this post]

Your post could only be construed as spam as it had nothing to do with the subject. No more please.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 16-Sep-13 19:31:57
Print Post

ok so just got off the phone with sky for him been out all day so first time had a chance and they said he can indeed have just the line rental with no broadband as he is on SVBN but they said rather than canceling broadband all together they've given him 12 months free unlimited they said that way he can still use it for on demand even if he don't want to use it for anything else and even said if you still want to cancel after that hes free to do so.

im guessing with him having multiroom and EE+ and making a few chargeable calls a month its worth it to them. "they called him a valued customer"

where on the same package and they've just given me free install on upgrading to fiber "i suppose for also been a valued customer "

So result thanks for all the help

Ash

Edited by acpsd775 (Mon 16-Sep-13 19:34:23)

Standard User fabyon
(committed) Mon 16-Sep-13 20:05:00
Print Post

I'm glad it was sorted. Yes as I mentioned I thought they would offer him unlimited broadband free for a year, hoping that will tempt him to purchase movies. Also I was about to ask if he did use ondemand/catchup because it would use that 2GB on lite with a couple of movies easily. So he gets less to pay and redundancy.....results ! smile

Sky Broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to