User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User copaul
(newbie) Mon 04-Nov-13 20:40:59
Print Post

Sky TV

[link to this post]

I am with o2 at the moment soon so Sky think to be migrated I don't think so mainly because sky wont give me a non premium phone number and that they want to charge me £2.50 pm for sky tv which i don't have or want this cant be legal can it
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Nov-13 20:58:32
Print Post

Re: Sky TV

[re: copaul] [link to this post]

What's not legal? They're offering discounted pricing for people who take multiple products.

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User copaul
(newbie) Mon 04-Nov-13 21:05:44
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

So you want to be charged for a service you don't have or want I don't think so

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Nov-13 21:12:20
Print Post

Your paying a set price for broadband and that's what is being provided. If someone gets a £2.50 discount for taking an additional service that's ok. You're entitled to the same discount if you also take the additional product.

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User Nighty1973
(member) Tue 05-Nov-13 08:25:58
Print Post

You're not being charged more, people who have Sky TV are being charged LESS due to taking multiple services. Perfectly legal and you'll find lots of companies do it as part of bundling and reduced billing costs.

If I go to Virgin and take multiple services, the costs come down. Same with BT and Talk Talk. I can't see them all doing something like that if it wasn't legal.

Also, Sky's phone number is not a premium one. 0844 costs are usually only up to about 5-6p per minute, depending on your current phone provider. Yes, it's not included in your "free" call packages, but it's hardly a "premium" rate.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Nov-13 10:57:34
Print Post

If you have two services from the one provider it is usually cheaper.

Gas AND electric from British Gas gives a discount.

Up to you - take it or leave it but no point in complaining about it!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Nov-13 11:36:15
Print Post

[re: Nighty1973] [link to this post]

Also is it not the case that calls to the Sky number are not charged if done on a Sky line rental product?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Nov-13 12:53:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Also is it not the case that calls to the Sky number are not charged if done on a Sky line rental product?

It is. But a lot of O2 migrants not opting for Sky Talk will find their calls to Sky customer support quite expensive, them having been used to 0800 support over the years.

Oliver.
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 05-Nov-13 13:40:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

Indeed, it is "free" if using Sky Line Rental, alternatively I have found a non 0844 number for them which I continue to use.

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 05-Nov-13 13:43:17
Print Post

[re: Nighty1973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nighty1973:
Also, Sky's phone number is not a premium one. 0844 costs are usually only up to about 5-6p per minute, depending on your current phone provider. Yes, it's not included in your "free" call packages, but it's hardly a "premium" rate.

I believe that the EU are now considering them to be "premium" rate.. and don't forget that as they are NOT included in any of the call packages a call connection fee will be levied by their call provider as well... sometimes as high as 15p per call... so several calls to Sky (holding to get through, then being on to technical support) can soon become expensive.

Just my 2p's worth.

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to