User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cikaba
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 08:52:08
Print Post

Sky Unlimited Broadband

[link to this post]

Hello All,

I'm in a predicament and need your opinions on switching from Be to Sky. As much as I love to get faster speeds, my finances would not allow me to afford fibre broadband. I currently pay £14.08 to Be and Sky has offered me their unlimited service for £5/month, a savings of about £9/month.

Bt is also offering me their infinity 1 service for £23/month(pay half price for six months) for 18months. Any advice on the deals would be greatly appreciated. My finances are under pressure, but I could use a faster service.
Standard User TLMC
(member) Tue 03-Dec-13 14:44:28
Print Post

Re: Sky Unlimited Broadband

[re: cikaba] [link to this post]

I took up Sky broardband when I was offered 12 months free. I moved from BT and after 10 months I've had no complaints about the speed of service or availability. We now have more devices connected and I work from home normally 3 days a week so use more than the capped service I was on before. Speed is fine and doesn't seem to change at any time of the day. Have done regular speed checks at various times of teh day and night and I personally get around 14.5 Mb download. Speed increased a couple of meg about2 months ago and has stayed solid since.

No complaints about moving to Sky unlimited
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-13 20:58:35
Print Post

I'm currently moving from sky to BT.

In your case I'd go to sky. The service on ADSL or fibre is excellent. I'm only moving as my discount on fibre (1/2 price for 12 months) ended and moving to BT gets me a better router for a similar price (when sainsbury's vouchers are considered too)

When your discount is due to end, just call up and see what they can do for you. I've had discounts for the last few years.

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Thu 05-Dec-13 06:04:14
Print Post

I've been with sky for a while now maybe coming up around 1 year or so

and there ADSL and fibre have been excellent.

Standard User cikaba
(newbie) Thu 12-Dec-13 14:21:32
Print Post

Thank you all for your advice. I have signed up with Sky and went live on December 11. I will be keeping an eye on my speed. Thank you.
  Print Thread

Jump to