User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Sun 29-Dec-13 11:28:12
Print Post

Looking to leave

[link to this post]

Hey all, rather than sit on the phone waiting for Sky to answer, I thought I would ask here..

firstly my 12months contract is up on 11th Jan 14, could I start the process of leaving now?
also do I need a Mac to leave the fibre service, I also have the phone with them too..

I have been doing some working out and BT with their offers and cashback deal (via Quidco) seem to be coming out the cheapest over 18mth contract so think I will go with them..

I want to go with their up to 76mb service smile

thanks in advance for replies smile
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Dec-13 11:33:27
Print Post

Re: Looking to leave

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

No need to contact sky at all, but I'd still give them a ring and see if they can offer a retention deal to compete with BT.

I've just moved from sky fibre to BT and there's no need for as mac, I just signed up on the BT website. One perk is that you get BT sport immediately, you don't have to wait on the broadband to switch.

Kris

BT Infinity 2
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User _Resonance_
(regular) Mon 30-Dec-13 12:26:27
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

Yes, I did the same. Sky fibre unlimited to BT Infinity 2. No MAC required, just signed up with BT online and they did the rest.

I'm pretty happy, not that I was unhappy with Sky. The only reason I moved really was for BT Sport and the fact that BT's 80Mb connection was cheaper than Sky's. All things considered it worked out slightly cheaper.

Access to BT's Wi-Fi hotspots has proved a massive bonus as well.

BT Infinity 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vf12vf
(member) Tue 31-Dec-13 16:26:17
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

would this be the same for the phone line too? as I will change to BT for that as well!
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Dec-13 17:21:52
Print Post

Yes, my switch was for phone and broadband together.
BT messed up my order (didn't send it all to Openreach) and so only my phone line switched, broadband was delayed by an additional 12 days.

However at no point did I have any downtime, I just had phone from BT and broadband from sky for these 12 days until he broadband changed over.

Kris

BT Infinity 2
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Sat 04-Jan-14 15:02:25
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

have decided to move to BT....

Phone will be switched on 18th Jan and Fibre shortly afterwards...with all the discounts and incentives offered by BT the cost for an 18month contract is £100 cheaper than Sky....also this will be the up to 76mb package whereas Sky was up to 40mb smile
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jan-14 18:07:39
Print Post

what was the overall package breakdown between SKY / BT. I use calls to some European countries and can not make the costs cheaper than using sky?

IanD
Standard User PS123
(newbie) Sun 05-Jan-14 00:10:28
Print Post

Wait until 23 January 2014, as you will then have better protection against any price increases.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2013/10/23/protection-for-...
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Sun 05-Jan-14 11:20:04
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
what was the overall package breakdown between SKY / BT. I use calls to some European countries and can not make the costs cheaper than using sky?

sorry should have been clearer....the cost savings were based on Fibre broadband.
with regards to the fone, I paid 12mths upfront on the line rental and took out the anytime call package...think £7.00 a month..not really bothered too much about fone as I get most of it back from my company....

@PS123

the wheels are in motion so not sure how I stand on future cost rises....im sure if I stamp my feet hard enough they would let me leave, but only time will tell!
  Print Thread

Jump to