User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Iain_Chapman
(learned) Mon 13-Jan-14 20:32:42
Print Post

Delay between FTTC Cab going Live and Sky Accepting Orders?

[link to this post]

Hi,

Is anyone able to advise on the rough time between a new FTTC cabinet going live and Sky accepting orders please?.

The connected exchange has been active since the middle of last year, and other cabinets are accepted by Sky. These were done as part of BT's roll-out. The FTTC cab that would serve me was "missed" by BT (said not viable), but has now been installed and gone live as part of BDUK scheme since late December 2013.

Other providers (BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet etc) are accepting orders, as is the BT Wholesale page showing FTTC information.

Just curious to understand roughly how long it would normally take to be accepted by Sky?.

Do they actually have to do anything 'technical' to enable an FTTC into their network, or is this simple a data entry delay in their database?

Thanks

Iain

Edited by Iain_Chapman (Mon 13-Jan-14 20:42:29)

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Mon 13-Jan-14 21:35:01
Print Post

Re: Delay between FTTC Cab going Live and Sky Accepting Orde

[re: Iain_Chapman] [link to this post]

As other cabinets are accepting orders from Sky then, in theory, it should be available almost immediately. The best thing would be to call them and say it's available from other providers and see what they say.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Jan-14 23:19:30
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Also (importantly) pointing out that Sky are accepting other FTTC orders on that exchange - which means they do have a GEA link installed. Without which - no Sky FTTC there.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Jan-14 20:06:10
Print Post

[re: Iain_Chapman] [link to this post]

Normally 1-2 weeks. SKY need a special link. If they do not have it installed already, then it may take a few weeks to get that installed. Once done SKY then allow access for ordering.

Its just a case of holding on for a few weeks before going else where

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 17-Jan-14 20:31:28
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

As far as I know they only need one link per exchange, and that we know they already have.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to