User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User abhijack
(member) Fri 17-Jan-14 23:31:11
Print Post

Thinking of moving to Sky Fibre..

[link to this post]

I am thinking of subscribing to Sky Fibre when I move to my new property in a months time.
In my current property I am with plusnet fibreoptic.

I presume I wont need MAC code as I am planning to take the new connection in a new property..Is that correct?

Hows the experience of installation of fibre bb and phone line through Sky?

Edited by abhijack (Fri 17-Jan-14 23:31:51)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 17-Jan-14 23:49:48
Print Post

Re: Thinking of moving to Sky Fibre..

[re: abhijack] [link to this post]

As it is a property move no mac needed, and as sky is full llu no mac needed even if not moving

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sean2003
(experienced) Sat 18-Jan-14 21:56:31
Print Post

[re: abhijack] [link to this post]

I've just moved a connection from Sky to Plusnet smile

Sky Fibre was 'installed' a few weeks ago. It was a self install, as I think they pretty much all are now.

As discussed already, no MAC will be required.

If the new place already has a line then it's likely you'll not have an engineer visit at all and in theory it should all be active on the day they tell you.

From my calculations Plusnet costs 36p per month more for twice the speed, sensible traffic management and helpful support smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cmrayer
(committed) Sat 18-Jan-14 22:05:00
Print Post

[re: sean2003] [link to this post]

I've been using Sky phone and fibre for the last few months and it has been perfect. The staff were very helpful in steering me to the slower package as my line only supported that speed anyway (even though it gets them less money)... My family us it all the time, we have several streaming devices and I use it for VPN connections and VoIP traffic to work regularly.

I was always sceptical of Sky, having used first Nildram and then BE but with Fibre they seem to have finally got it right.

Sky FTTC - 38Mb/9.5Mb
  Print Thread

Jump to