User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User steve99999
(regular) Fri 07-Feb-14 09:27:08
Print Post

Couple of sky fibre questions

[link to this post]

My cabinet has just gone live. The checker states i can receive the full 80/20 service at the max speed. Plusnet and BT confirm this and give me the option. However on my sky account i only have the option to upgrade to the 40/10 service. Is this normal for sky?

I have already installed the new faceplate so would like to go for self install. Now reading up on the net it seems the self install is only available for the 40/10 service?

FInally quidco are offering £110 cashback on the 40/10 service. So i guess i sign up to the 40/10 and then upgrade to the 80/20...

thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Feb-14 09:43:39
Print Post

Re: Couple of sky fibre questions

[re: steve99999] [link to this post]

In short Yes, you normally have to phone to order the Fibre Pro service

On our listing the best we can do is link to the overall fibre page which tells you to Call 08442 410 802 to check availability and speed

In terms of deals, yes going for 40/10 and then upgrade may be the way, but might extend contracts or have other implications.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User steve99999
(regular) Fri 07-Feb-14 09:45:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the reply, what about the self install?
I know i can use it for the 40/10 but not sure about the 80/20?
thanks again

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Feb-14 09:56:07
Print Post

Not enough examples to say exactly.

BT Retail prefers engineer install on the fastest product, and would not surprise me if Sky did the same. Best to speak to them.

If it was me, I'd go for the best 40/10 offer and then upgrade in 12 months. The £30/month for 80/20 is pretty expensive from Sky.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User steve99999
(regular) Fri 07-Feb-14 10:26:40
Print Post

Thanks again,

Just spoke to Sky fibre and they say the self install option is for both 40/10 and 80/20
Sky reckon i can get 70mb but the BT checker says the full 80

Anyway i will go with the 40/10 to get the cashback

I was a little concerned about the quicdo cashback tho as it's a little confusing
The state upgrade to fibre and receive £110 but on the right hand side they say Add Fibre Unlimited to your TV package and receive £110

At the moment i just have sky line rental and sky broadband. Anyway i spoke to quidco leve chat and they confirmed i would receive the £110 even tho i do not have the TV package. Just find a little confusing
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Feb-14 10:29:02
Print Post

Sky will be talking with regard to the 10% can get that speed figure, rather than the 80 Mbps connection speed.

Even if you connect at 80 Mbps, the best speed test you can get is 76 Mbps and 19 Mbps in the upload direction

Sky offers are somewhat confusing, we spend an hour each week deciphering them for our listings.

Standard User steve99999
(regular) Fri 07-Feb-14 18:36:04
Print Post

Ordered the 40/10, quidco has tracked.
Standard User steve99999
(regular) Tue 11-Feb-14 12:22:43
Print Post

Another update incase anyone is interested

Just noticed Plusnet have a special offer on their fibre. So i called sky and mentioned this offer. Said i was thinking of going with plusnet instead...

Long story short, sky offered me the 40/10 fibre for £10 a month ( reduced from £20 )
And have also refunded me the £50 connection chargesmile

Also the sky router was dispatched today

ps
The guy on the phone also mentioned sky should have some offers on the fibre pro service in the next few months. I guess reducing the price to be competitive against BT/plusnet. And the line saver will be back
Standard User abhijack
(member) Tue 11-Feb-14 13:11:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by steve99999:
. And the line saver will be back

thats a nice one..waiting for it..

i thought Sky was offering £10 for 6 months anyway. Or has that offer finished?

BTW did you have £25 M&S voucher on offer? If so do you know how/when you recieve it?

VM cable > Plusnet fibre > Sky fibre unlimited
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 12-Feb-14 15:36:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by steve99999:
The guy on the phone also mentioned sky should have some offers on the fibre pro service in the next few months. I guess reducing the price to be competitive against BT/plusnet. And the line saver will be back

For new customers only, I bet. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to