User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Enceladus
(member) Wed 19-Feb-14 17:29:52
Print Post

Uptime stats - Do these make sense

[link to this post]

I am on FTTC and had a bad time last night. Just before midnight throughput slowed to a crawl but at least everything worked albeit very slowly. See speedtest here.

I pulled the power cord on the Sky hub and powered it back on. (Which usually fixes it!) Wired devices such as the Sky HD box+ worked but slowly. Everything wireless failed to connect except for an Android phone within a couple of feet of the router. And then only after several attempts to connect. So left it switched off for 30 mins to cool down, no difference. Changed channels no difference. It was also very difficult to get the router's home page up. I had the impression that power on the WLAN was way down and that the router was very busy doing something?

So I left it on overnight. This morning the hub seems to be back to normal. I had to delete and recreate the connection on my phone and also reinput the WPA2 key on my laptop. Two other laptops, the wireless printer and a phone worked with no intervention. Likewise the hardwired Wii.

I can't prove but believe that the firmware was updated to 1.15n.3591.R early this morning. Looking at the router stats I see that WLAN has nearly three hours less uptime than the LAN & WAN. How can that be? At all times there were several wireless clients left powered on, such as the printer.

So I am wondering if this a irmware update gone wrong? Or is the wireless in the hub gone bad?

System Up Time: 12:36:05
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time
WAN WANoE 1483438 3016085 0 6693 5426 12:35:38
LAN Up 50112 28545 0 746 93 12:36:05
WLAN Up 3209231 1640388 3191 0 12644 09:43:28
Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 39994 kbps 10000 kbps

Thanks,
  Print Thread

Jump to