User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spudgun
(regular) Wed 19-Feb-14 20:17:30
Print Post

What's the best way to leave a Sky contract early?

[link to this post]

I am currently a Sky LLU broadband/phone customer and I am under contract until July 2014. A FTTC connection will be available on my cabinet in the next month or so and I would like to switch phone/broadband providers to take advantage of FTTC, but I do not wish to stay with Sky.

I am aware of my contractual obligations and have read the helpful information available at -http://help.sky.com/my-account/billing-and-subscription/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early - so I am more than happy to pay the charges until the end of my contractual period.

What I do want to know, however, is what is the best way to make this happen when orders are open on my new FTTC cabinet. Should I simply ring Sky, tell them I want to leave and pay the outstanding amount for the period until the end of my contract over the phone? or is there an easier way of doing this?

Just to be 100% clear, I am not trying to avoid my contractual obligations and I am more than happy to pay what is owed under the contract, but I am asking for advice as to the best way to make this happen and to pay the money and to transfer to a new ISP as painlessly as possible..

Many thanks for any advice.

Spudgun

Edited by Spudgun (Wed 19-Feb-14 20:20:11)

Standard User mooo
(experienced) Wed 19-Feb-14 22:29:24
Print Post

Re: What's the best way to leave a Sky contract early?

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

When I cancelled my sky broadband and phone. I did it via the phone. No bother or pressure to stay. Maybe I have been very lucky.

Be prepared from them to ask you why you are leaving. I can't see them giving you any bother they will likely confirm what owe them on the contract and arrange for that to be paid and then give you a date when the service will be terminated.

Just a warning its likely you will lose your telephone number when the service is terminated. Im sure if there any migration path for transferring telephone numbers from LLU.

In case you are wondering I had sky and phone at my own place and Be Unlimited at my parents house. I decided to move back with my folks as I found living in my own place expensive hence why I cancelled my sky broadband and phone service. It seems sky doesn't want to lose me as a customer lol

Moocrazy
Be Unlimited ADSL 2+ 24Mb
Sky Broadband

Edited by mooo (Wed 19-Feb-14 22:31:41)

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Feb-14 18:39:51
Print Post

Re: What's the best way to leave a Sky contract early?

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

I think you have done all of the research needed. As has been suggested you can phone up SKY and cancel as and when you want. What I would do is contact your new provider and sign up with them. Get the new provider to organise the change date. Then ring sky and let them know you will be leaving around that date, but want SKY to continue service until you have moved and mention you will be looking to pay any termination charges. I would then wait until you have actually moved to the new provider and then phone SKY back then and cancel. Will save xx weeks in costs and ensure you continue to receive service.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to