User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thegeek
(newbie) Thu 13-Mar-14 16:28:57
Print Post

Can Sky do Simultaneous Provide?

[link to this post]

I've currently got my landline with the Co-op and broadband with Sky, and I'm happy to keep it this way.

I'm moving house soon. Does anyone know if Sky will be able to handle a Simultaneous Provide, and if so what kind of format the LORN from the Co-op should look like?

I've spoken to two people at the Sky home moves department so far who say that I've got to wait until my new line is up and running before requesting that the broadband is reprovisioned, but I'm not 100% sure I believe them.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Mar-14 17:56:31
Print Post

Re: Can Sky do Simultaneous Provide?

[re: thegeek] [link to this post]

I'm surprised Sky aren't forcing you to take their landline as a result of the move. Either way, since non-LLU phone lines are rare on Sky Broadband, it would seem unlikely they participate in the more "advanced" features of WLR3.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 13-Mar-14 17:56:58)

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 14-Mar-14 00:50:48
Print Post

[re: thegeek] [link to this post]

I'm also surprised about them not requiring you to take their line rental although it might be different if it's being done through Sky's home move team.

What you have been told is correct. If it's a new line or non-LLU the line needs to be active first before broadband can be provisioned so you have to be prepared for no broadband for up to two weeks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User thegeek
(newbie) Mon 17-Mar-14 15:40:33
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Thanks both - looks like I'll have to get a 3G dongle to tide us over!

I came over to Sky from O2, and while they've tried their best to persuade me to switch my landline, I'm stubbornly refusing. The latest deal they've offered is free line rental for a year, plus up to £100 in (unspecified) vouchers to buy me out of any current contract.
  Print Thread

Jump to