User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User imbsuk
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Mar-14 08:48:05
Print Post

quick mac code question

[link to this post]

I've been moved from be to sky, apparently. I'd had a mac code issued from Be two weeks ago. Is this mac code now invalid? Do I now have to get a new one issued from sky? I'm guessing I wont have an issue moving? this move is part of the switch-over of be customers.

____
be*
be* <-- on test socket!
Standard User imbsuk
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Mar-14 10:25:33
Print Post

Re: quick mac code question

[re: imbsuk] [link to this post]

All sorted, awaiting our mac code! 2 weeks cooling off starting today (our switch-over date).

____
be*
be* <-- on test socket!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Mar-14 12:54:26
Print Post

[re: imbsuk] [link to this post]

The mac code that presumably be issued should of been valid for 30 days from issue

You say 2 weeks cooling off period from sky ??? why, you did not enter into a new contract with sky if you did nothing and was automatically switched over ? you should be free to leave at any time without any penalty rolling 1 mth contract
But i guess that's typical of sky support staff to mislead you

Edited by tommy45 (Fri 14-Mar-14 12:55:36)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User imbsuk
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Mar-14 21:12:17
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
The mac code that presumably be issued should of been valid for 30 days from issue

You say 2 weeks cooling off period from sky ??? why, you did not enter into a new contract with sky if you did nothing and was automatically switched over ? you should be free to leave at any time without any penalty rolling 1 mth contract
But i guess that's typical of sky support staff to mislead you

Well I'm not familiar with the technicalities concerning broadband with regard to point 1. I suppose to me it was logical to think that if I had moved provider the previous mac would no longer apply.

As for point 2, yes, I did have that thought too. Don't suppose it matters, I'm moving anyway. Well if they provide the mac in 24 hours, as they said they would.

____
be*
be* <-- on test socket!
  Print Thread

Jump to