User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iota
(newbie) Mon 24-Mar-14 17:15:36
Print Post

Migrated from O2 to Sky and now stuck with in new contract!

[link to this post]

Iím an O2 broadband customer that was migrated over to Sky when they bought the company late last year. I wasnít wanting to stay with Sky but didnít move my broadband at the time as fibre optic was a few months off being rolled out to my street and I didnít want to be locked into a new 12 month contract with a new supplier before that happened.

With the fibre optic going live imminently, I contacted Sky customer service last week via online chat to check what I needed to do to move suppliers. Only to be told Iím 3 months into a 12 month contract with them!!

I canít understand how this is legal. I didn't choose to move to Sky. I havenít signed anything with Sky and my O2 contract was well over 2 years old. The literature they sent out was all ďif you donít want anything to change than you donít need to do anythingĒ, which I took to mean I had served my minimum contract term long ago.

Does anyone know if what Iíve been told is correct or not? Or have any advice as to how I challenge this and get myself out of a contract I never agreed to?

Any help would be gratefully received and Iím not sure where to start.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Mar-14 17:17:35
Print Post

Re: Migrated from O2 to Sky and now stuck with in new contra

[re: iota] [link to this post]

Have you logged into the My Sky portal to check what it says about which service you are on?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iota
(newbie) Mon 24-Mar-14 17:24:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just done so. It says Sky BB Unlimited.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fireants
(member) Mon 24-Mar-14 17:50:44
Print Post

[re: iota] [link to this post]

In my experience the guys on the chatline aren't to be relied on to give the correct information. If you call Sky the people on the end of the phone are more knowledgeable and helpful
Standard User iota
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:34:56
Print Post

[re: fireants] [link to this post]

I called Sky today and they advised me that; since I hadn't contacted them or requested any specific sky package, I will be on the 30 day rolling contract.

So I've now placed my fibre optic order with BT. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

Thanks for the suggestion. I wouldn't have thought the customer service channels were so different in quality!
  Print Thread

Jump to