User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User subaru_swift_kls
(regular) Tue 15-Apr-14 17:48:34
Print Post

not happy & only been with sky for a few days,,,,,, hidden c

[link to this post]

i was a member of BE there isp before i got moved to sky adsl, & on my welcome letter sky it said i would be paying £12.50 a month what is ok in the meanwhile until i make my mind up who to move too.

however i was looking about my sky account & my money bill is showing up as £20 ! so i asked a online adviser who said =
"I am sorry to hear that you are being charged for not having Sky TV and Sky Talk. I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.
I would like to inform you that as per the Sky policy, you will be charged for supplement charges if you have Sky Broadband without having Sky TV and Sky Talk services."

therefore my £12.50 as gone up to £17.50 but it is £20 ( is that with vat or are sky making prices up as they go along ? ) on there systems for some reason !, however the hidden changes were NOT in the welcome letter i had off sky just before i got moved to there systems.

maybe i should take this up with OFCOM ( The independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries ) & Communications Ombudsman to see what they say.
unless they can get my bill down to the 12.50 like what the letter said in the first place with out these so called hidden charges.

regards

Kenny.

Now On BE There =

Speed.i.o Result

Speed Test Result

Broadband Quality Monitor

RIP Ukonline in jan 2011 frown i will miss you support & help.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:04:35
Print Post

Re: not happy & only been with sky for a few days,,,,,, hidd

[re: subaru_swift_kls] [link to this post]

Are you able to copy and paste the calculations from your bill from the Sky website?

Oliver.
(regular) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:15:29
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I can not go to the bill side of my sky account as yet, as I have only been with them a few days sorry to say.

but in the Personalise your package part of my account it says =
Current monthly cost £20

but why did the letter I had say it was only £12.50 a month ? & now my account & sky are telling me it is because of this or that. so the letter was wrong due to these hidden charges..... I am not happy & I know its only a few pounds but still.

Now On BE There =

Speed.i.o Result

Speed Test Result

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:19:30
Print Post

The first bill covers payment for the first month (which can be 0 days or 30 days depending on activation date) plus the next month. I think that will explain the bill. You should see this once you get your online account set up.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:24:03
Print Post

Or for example.

- you join on 7th April
- Sky set billing date as 1st of month
- Sky take payment for 7th April to 31st May
- next payment goes out on 1st June for 1 month

Oliver.
(regular) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:32:03
Print Post

many thanks for the replies as that makes sense to me now & you gave me a lot more info then what sky gave me !, so maybe you should work helping them out smile.

the adsl sky line went live last wed the 9th of april but I was working away till a couple of days ago, so I have only used sky for a couple of days now.

all the best & thanks again kenny

Now On BE There =

Speed.i.o Result

Speed Test Result

(regular) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:42:14
Print Post

just had this off sky =
"I'm sorry to know that you're unhappy about your Sky bills.

I've reviewed your account and see that you've subscribed for only the Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro at £12.50 a month.
However, as you've not subscribed for the Sky TV and Sky Talk services. you've been charged £2.50 a month and £5.00 a month for these services respectively, as per the Sky policies.

Hence, I'm afraid that these charges are correct and have to maintained, according to Sky Terms and Conditions.
Please click here to explore any offers available for you online.

Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter.

To help us improve our service, please take a few seconds to answer the question on the following link: http://bit.ly/sky-email

Kind regards
P£$£$£$a

Sky Complaints Team
http://www.sky.com
"

so it looks like I \ we were kept in the dark about these hidden charges ! what should have been highlighted in the sky welcome letter etc.

Now On BE There =

Speed.i.o Result

Speed Test Result

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Apr-14 18:47:41
Print Post

If you were auto-migrated you should be getting a welcome discount. This may not be showing on their systems.

You should be able to sign up for a Sky ID now and see your bill. https://skyid.sky.com

Oliver.
Standard User johnnycab
(learned) Tue 15-Apr-14 22:20:13
Print Post

I also chose the auto-migration path after being sent a specific letter saying that I will be charged £10 and now the new letter with minimal migration details or cost analysis, states it will more than what I was paying Be - this is Bait and Switch and I have been shafted!

Also, I was migrated at around 3am today and suddenly there is no Xbox Live (80072741) and also getting no connection with the 'Wi-fi unstable/unavailable' message on Android devices - this my worst nightmare with Easter weekend coming up and now I have to contact The SKY!

I usually make the best of everything and don't complain too much. But this is not 'making me happy' and will bide my time with an intent to ditch them as soon as I can. In hindsight, I should have done it when they announced the takeover. I will contact OFCOM regardless of what happens - now that I have had a first-hand/day experience. I have no doubt there is more to come when I have to contact them tomorrow and expecting a world of pain..

Edited by johnnycab (Tue 15-Apr-14 22:41:00)

Standard User Scottish_Pete
(member) Wed 16-Apr-14 00:46:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by subaru_swift_kls:
I've reviewed your account and see that you've subscribed for only the Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro at £12.50 a month.
However, as you've not subscribed for the Sky TV and Sky Talk services. you've been charged £2.50 a month and £5.00 a month for these services respectively, as per the Sky policies.

That's a new one to me.

Sky must be the only company than can charge you for services they are not even providing you with.

Scottish_Pete

Zen Active connected to Local Exchange
TBB SPEEDTEST
Billion 7800n Router STATS
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to