User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Thu 24-Apr-14 17:37:58
Print Post

Upgraded to fibre today existing plate is ok apparently !

[link to this post]

I've upgraded from Sky adsl to fibre and was reading that most people changed their plate (I've got an ADSL nation one) I thought I would chance it with the one I had; if it didn't work I would have used the supplied filter until I purchased a new one. Installed the sky router (SR102-black one) the day before activation date and the switch was seamless (2 hours ago with a downtime of 10 minutes) and I'm getting 37MB throughput with a 40MB sync. Really surprised that it worked so why the suggestion in changing the plate saying that the adsl plates are not compatible on other websites ?

Sky Broadband
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 25-Apr-14 09:53:37
Print Post

Re: Upgraded to fibre today existing plate is ok apparently

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

Decent old ADSL faceplates are compatible.

Microfilters also work, but can be less desirable due to the issues of the ring wire and effect extension wiring may have, which affects FTTC more than ADSL2+/

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Sat 26-Apr-14 01:08:53
Print Post

Re: Upgraded to fibre today existing plate is ok apparently

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm glad for once that my purchase was compatible, I usually have to pay through my nose with my luck ! So ADSL nation faceplate.... Thumbs up !

Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to