User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User M100
(regular) Fri 09-May-14 11:23:50
Print Post

Migrated from Be to Sky and had enough already

[link to this post]

Lots of extra charges on my bill not mentioned in any previous correspondence

Supplement for not having Sky TV
Supplement for not having Sky Talk
Credit Card Admin Charge

Compound that with a lower sync speed and lower throughput

Their website says: To request a MAC code

"Call a Sky agent on: 08442 410 266" says their website

"Calls to Sky contact centres are free for Sky Talk customers."

"BT customers pay 5.1p/min and 15p connection. "

20 minutes or more [censored] about on the phone trying to get a MAC. I'm paying for listening to their sales pitch. I'M NOT INTERESTED I said to the customer services droid, even if you offered the service for free I STILL wouldn't be interested. Yet the f*ckers still tried to offer me a discounted 'deal'

But it's not just one account moving, I pay for my parents service too and they will be switching asap

Can't wait to escape this Murdoch Hell. It's nearly as bad as Pipex ended up when Tiscali took them over.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-May-14 18:24:57
Print Post

Re: Migrated from Be to Sky and had enough already

[re: M100] [link to this post]

there must be something wrong as

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-unl...

states you can get SKY BB without a TV service. I would check the charge for not having TV as that does not look correct. The extra charge for not having sky talk looks standard

IanD
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-May-14 19:10:22
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
there must be something wrong as http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-unl... states you can get SKY BB without a TV service. I would check the charge for not having TV as that does not look correct.

It is correct. People who have Sky Broadband without Sky TV pay £2.50 extra. People who have Sky Broadband without Sky Talk pay £5 extra.

Auto-migrants should have got a "welcome discount" to offset the costs, if their old O2/BE price was lower than the new price.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User UKSTEVE
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 12:36:33
Print Post

I migrated from O2 Works last October to Sky - life-sapping cock-ups galore. I'm only paying under £14 a month for line rental plus calls plus BB, but will be walking too this coming October.

I'd rather pay 50% more for a service where the CSOs can action what you ask for.

+Steve smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 12-May-14 13:29:31
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Auto-migrants should have got a "welcome discount" to offset the costs, if their old O2/BE price was lower than the new price.
So he's not actually paying any more than he was told in the letter.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-May-14 13:36:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
So he's not actually paying any more than he was told in the letter.

That should be the case, yes. The letter might not have broken down the charges but the net cost should be the same.

Oliver.
Standard User fireants
(member) Mon 12-May-14 18:14:22
Print Post

It's nowhere near as bad as Tiscali..mention of the T word brings back bad memories.I was a victim of that takeover too.
I took up a cheap Sky deal for all calls, landline, broadband for £12.50 a month and it's not a lot different in terms of ping and speed from what dear old o2 used to provide-slightly slower but not so much as we notice.Transfer was seamless and i'm still using my O2 box IV.
Where are you going to migrate to though? I reckon there's not a lot of choice at this end of the market!
Standard User M100
(regular) Wed 14-May-14 22:36:23
Print Post

Got an email "We're sorry to hear that you've requested your MAC code"

But still no MAC code

Offering ...."12 months free line rental"

Below is a cut and paste of their "small print" Yes you read it right, this is exactly as they wrote it, no formatting, no paragraph breaks, lots of ifs, buts, maybes, and get out clauses galore. Not worth the paper I didn't print it on.

Sky Line Rental Offer. After 12 months you'll pay the standard monthly price for Sky Line Rental (currently £15.40pm) and Sky Talk (currently £0 £10pm) unless you give us at least 31 days' notice that you wish to cancel. If you cancel your Sky Line Rental subscription you will automatically be charged the standard price for Sky Broadband Unlimited without Talk and Line Rental (currently £7.50pm with Sky TV; £10pm without Sky TV if you are a Sky Talk customer). Not available in conjunction with any other Sky offer. Sky Talk: Sky Talk Weekends £0pm. Sky Talk Weekends: #UK calls of up to an hour to 01, 02, 03 & 0870 numbers only (excludes Channel Islands, indirect access & dial-up internet numbers). Acceptable Use Policy applies. Sky Talk Anytime UK/Anytime International £5pm/£10pm. Compatible line required otherwise £20 connection charge may apply. General: 12 month minimum subscriptions. Prices may go up during your subscription. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Prices for Direct Debit payments only. Continuous debit/credit card mandate costs 50p a month. UK residential customers only. Further terms apply. Calls to Sky cost 15p plus 5.1ppm for BT customers. Other providers' charges may vary. Correct at 11 April 2014.
Standard User PhilP
(learned) Sun 08-Jun-14 09:20:21
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
there must be something wrong as http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-unl... states you can get SKY BB without a TV service. I would check the charge for not having TV as that does not look correct.

It is correct. People who have Sky Broadband without Sky TV pay £2.50 extra. People who have Sky Broadband without Sky Talk pay £5 extra.

I'm thinking about removing my bt line altogether. This is due to constant fault (noise) on the line and the line payer unwilling to sort it as they think it may be water damage and unwilling incase bt charge the £129.99 engineer charge. This has caused the upstream to drop dramatically and downstream by about a third.

I was moved automatically from Be to sky and received this welcome discount. Normal sky billing thinks this has bounded me into a 12 month contract. Even though the policy http://www.sky.com/shop/your-move-to-sky/legal-stuff... states:

" You will not be subject to a minimum term for your services when we move you to Sky. However, you will be subject to a minimum term if you choose to take up one of our special offers and transfer your services over to Sky earlier than the switchover date"
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Jun-14 09:35:42
Print Post

[re: PhilP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PhilP:
I'm thinking about removing my bt line altogether. This is due to constant fault (noise) on the line and the line payer unwilling to sort it as they think it may be water damage and unwilling incase bt charge the £129.99 engineer charge. This has caused the upstream to drop dramatically and downstream by about a third.

Constant line noise is the "best" kind of fault, no Openreach engineer will raise a charge if they hear that on their visit.

In reply to a post by PhilP:
I was moved automatically from Be to sky and received this welcome discount. Normal sky billing thinks this has bounded me into a 12 month contract. Even though the policy http://www.sky.com/shop/your-move-to-sky/legal-stuff... states:

My Sky bill makes no mention of contract end dates. Does yours state a contract end date? Or do you mean Sky billing customer services? If the latter then it's most likely an operator who is mistaken. No auto-migrants are under a fixed length contract, but if a £69 router is requested then I think they will instate a contract to offset the router cost.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to