User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User M100
(regular) Mon 12-May-14 12:26:57
Print Post

How long to get a Migration Authorisation Code?

[link to this post]

Why isn't it near instantaneous?

Requested Friday AM, still waiting.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-May-14 14:08:21
Print Post

Re: How long to get a Migration Authorisation Code?

[re: M100] [link to this post]

Because for the shared LLU network you are in the minority at Sky and thus systems are not setup to be quick, plus gives people time to deal with retention offers. Which a good many people use asking for a MAC as an attempt to get a better deal.

Five working days is the Ofcom requirement

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bowdon
(member) Mon 12-May-14 16:15:46
Print Post

It took 2 phone calls to get my Mac code from Sky. 24 hours. They say they can send it in a letter, or I could call back 24 hours later and it would be generated and waiting on the system.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-May-14 17:49:07
Print Post

The ISP can 9 out of 10 times generate a MAC code within minutes, Although they do get given 5 working days by ofcom , Some ISP's will generate a MAC and provide it to you whilst your are talking to them on the phone, there & then, or send it via e-mail soon after , this 24hr wait is BS by sky

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 12-May-14 17:49:38)

Standard User Raoul_Duke
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 19:40:13
Print Post

I'm also a former Be customer. Rang Sky about a fortnight ago to tell them I was switching to Plusnet's Fibre Unlimited and they gave me my MAC over the phone right away...well almost right away. Had to say no, no, no thankyou no, no, over and over to a long winded marketing spiel; had to laugh at "your 10Mbps is actually very fast, you wont notice much of a difference with Fibre" smile
Standard User M100
(regular) Mon 12-May-14 23:31:16
Print Post

No MAC but got an SMS questionnaire from Sky today asking about the performance of their operative on Friday.

Then a text saying 'it's not too late to change your mind' ring us to discuss your options...

Oh F.F.S. just cut the c r a p and give me my MAC, this 'unlimited broadband' connection is about as quick as 33.6k dialup. I tried downloading a picture of Rupert Murdoch half an hour ago and its still stuck on his bald patch
Standard User M100
(regular) Mon 12-May-14 23:33:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Because for the shared LLU network you are in the minority at Sky and thus systems are not setup to be quick, plus gives people time to deal with retention offers. Which a good many people use asking for a MAC as an attempt to get a better deal.

Sky said in all their communications it's unlimited broadband on their fast network, not some dialup speed LLU sharing bodge

Five days, so I guess that is one down four to go
Standard User KelvinBridge
(regular) Tue 13-May-14 01:00:37
Print Post

Why would you want a pic of Ruperts bald patch ??
Standard User Raoul_Duke
(newbie) Tue 13-May-14 20:02:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by M100:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

Sky said in all their communications it's unlimited broadband on their fast network, not some dialup speed LLU sharing bodge

Five days, so I guess that is one down four to go

Honestly, you may want to ring them again. I wrote my MAC down when I was given it over the phone; the Sky rep promised I would receive an email confirming the code but a fortnight later I haven't received anything.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-May-14 21:14:16
Print Post

[re: Raoul_Duke] [link to this post]

They are i think obliged to also send confirmation of the MAC code to your known E-mail address, or via snail mail if given verbally, or at least it is common practise among some isp's to do this ,to help prevent errors
There again this is sky who we are talking about here, Have you seen what they have done to all those Loyal customers who where waiting for sky to migrate them from BE llu to their llu kit, this beggars belief Pug the plug on the existing network early and then give those customers with no working dsl service a free dongle that is good for 1gb of data,for the month???? and it is supposed to be an unlimited service that they are possibly paying for ,only sky know how to fail in ways like this

Failed Migrations: Sky sending out Vodafone Dongles

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 13-May-14 21:20:39)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to