User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mysterym10
(learned) Fri 06-Jun-14 10:32:59
Print Post

Sky Fibre Delay due to phone line swap over wait

[link to this post]

Long story short, I was with BE there and now am with SKy broadband. My cabinet with finally updated to fibre this month so i phoned up to move from Sky broadband to Sky Fibre.

I've been told that I cannot do this until i move my phone line to sky talk. Fair enough, i've kicked off the order for sky talk but apparently I can't move to sky fibre until my phone line is transferred over. That's going to be in the next two weeks.

Is that correct? I can't have fibre until i've waited for my phone line to swap over?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Jun-14 11:57:43
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Delay due to phone line swap over wait

[re: mysterym10] [link to this post]

Not a technical requirement per se, but Sky only sells the fibre service to people who take their line rental. Its a marketing choice Sky has made.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 06-Jun-14 21:17:55
Print Post

They've been doing that for a few years now. It's even worse if you have a new line because they won't even provision broadband until Sky Talk is active on the new line.

I moved into a house that had never had a phone and had to wait 15 weeks to get a line installed because there weren't any spare E-side pairs. Sky Talk was activated a couple of days later and then a 6 week wait for broadband because someone forgot to put the order in.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kamelion
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Jun-14 18:35:30
Print Post

They did my phone line and fibre at the same time so it is possible. I was also a BE customer.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Fri 05-Sep-14 19:20:03
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

They are doing mine on the same day to.

Im upgrading from their LLU on a BT line to their Fibre service, and after phoning them up to see when my hub would be sent out, as the order tracking is showing it as still to be processed, but my line showing as to be transferred on the 15th, they said my hub would be sent out next week, as its also getting activated on the 15th, so will be sent out a few days before.

Ex O2 customer transferred to Sky.

Sky Unlimited

Edited by Fibre (Fri 05-Sep-14 19:22:35)

Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Mon 15-Sep-14 13:03:48
Print Post

[re: Fibre] [link to this post]

Well i got activated fine this morning, when i got up, i noticed my internet lights were now off, so i popped the Sky Hub on, and i was back up and running on the Fibre.

Gone from this :-

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3747627022.png

To this :-

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3761124841.png

Router Stats. :-

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 39973 kbps 7042 kbps
Line Attenuation 23.2 dB 0.0 dB
Noise Margin 9.6 dB 5.5 dB

so far so good smile

Sky Unlimited
  Print Thread