User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Woody1888
(newbie) Mon 09-Jun-14 11:00:21
Print Post

Sky wreaked Be service now lying about mail shutdown!

[link to this post]

Hi, sky bought be broadband and I was worried. Rightly so. I enjoyed my Be service , both customer support and delivery and needed assurance that all would continue and in particular that my BE email address would stay. Sky, not BE , assured me that would be the case. I get an email , supposedly from BE, no mention of sky, saying they are closing down email and the domain and I have to migrate to a new email address by the 31st of July when I will be cut off. I called sky and twitter sky customer help and expressed my disgust with the decision and the timeframe and asking for at least the email domain names to be auto forwarded for 6 months to allow the massive task of contacting everyone that holds my address or I have an account with. I estimate 150 200 hours work. I was a very early email adopter and hold all my emails backed up as a diary and record.

Both sky customer services say don't blame us we can't help we only bought the broadband service not the email or the domain. It's BE that's closing it down. I pointed out that it was Sky who made the promise on email to me but the response was , it's news to us too!

I called BE direct as I smelled a rat. Looking at the very bottom of the email from Be in tiny letters. "Sky home communications ltd". The legacy BE support person on the line, it's easy to tell , they are great and soon to be unemployed frown, try's to help me ease the pain of transfer, not anything he can do that I can't , but says the domain is closing and will disappear so my request for domain auto forwarding can't happen. Then the 69 dollar question , is your part of be still owned by sky? Yes. So sky in a cowardly and mendacious fashion buys Be, splits it and blames the disgusting way it's treating be customers on Be. Another part of sky!!!!!!!!!

Lying Barstewards!

I would like to know who actually controls the domain. Who is it can be manipulated. And why did sky lie about email staying or them being in control of it and their relationship with the current domain holders. Is bethere.co.uk for sale?

Soon to be ex sky customer. TV bet broadband , the works!
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jun-14 11:43:41
Print Post

Re: Sky wreaked Be service now lying about mail shutdown!

[re: Woody1888] [link to this post]

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/email

Are you sure that Sky previously said that they would continue running the BE email service forever?

In any case, the usual advice on these boards is to have an email service independent from your ISP, which is advice I support.

Oliver.
Standard User Woody1888
(newbie) Mon 09-Jun-14 11:59:03
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Very sure O. I was [censored] off at BE being bought and loss of email address was my biggest worry. Asked catagoricly if email would change and was told No catagorically! I asked more than once. Now things change but what a cowardly lying way of trying to avoid flack by saying it's not us , it's be when they are be. We need longer to migrate , a six month domain forward would be reasonable. No one from be or Sky will tell me who I can lobby for keeping the domain open with email forward open a bit longer even if the mailboxes close.

Yes in hindsight seperating email is best and I do to an extent with a seperating gmail account. I've just got 8 years or replationships and accounts to find and change and don't have the time to do it in a month and a half.

I've moved my email to my own domain now so this won't happen again! Sky are still duplicitous Barstewards though. Mucked up transition and speed still not back up to what it was. Even though that was promised too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jun-14 12:08:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Woody1888:
Very sure O. I was [censored] off at BE being bought and loss of email address was my biggest worry. Asked catagoricly if email would change and was told No catagorically! I asked more than once.

I accept that Sky said that the BE email service would continue post-takeover, which it did. I just have a hard time believing that Sky said the service would continue forever. I've never heard anyone else being told that, and I haven't seen it written online.

Oliver.
Standard User Woody1888
(newbie) Mon 09-Jun-14 12:28:55
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Now Oliver , I asked a specific question. Will my email address continue unchanged. Not "will it ever" a "no"is not conditional. I asked multiple times. Same answer , when they (or is it you wink) , want to retain a customer.

Btw. They have just deleted an identical post to above that I posted in their help forums. No answer . Post gone. Nice people!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 09-Jun-14 12:30:31
Print Post

Have you got any proof?

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Woody1888
(newbie) Mon 09-Jun-14 13:05:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes I think I do to an extent. I can't prove the conversations with sky customer support but I can prove they are saying it's not their fault And they own be. I'm surprised on the querying of the veracity of the post? Do you think when asked a few months back on the migration whether email would go they said "it's staying for now but we really don't control it and it might go in 6 months" or they said "no it won't change" given they were desperate to retain accounts?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 09-Jun-14 13:12:27
Print Post

If you are complaining about something that isn't recorded anywhere it could just be you mis-remembered it.
On the other hand, it could just be that plans have changed.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jun-14 13:17:00
Print Post

From what I gather, the BE email service was never very popular with BE users. So given that it has low usage, and BE no longer exists as an ISP, I'm in no way surprised Sky chose to shut the email down. "Forever" cannot be implied when it isn't stated. In the absence of "forever", I would assume "for the time being" is implied.

So I think your allegations of Sky lying in this instance are unfounded.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jun-14 13:26:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Woody1888:
Btw. They have just deleted an identical post to above that I posted in their help forums. No answer . Post gone. Nice people!

I'm not surprised they deleted your post if you accused them of lying. Are you aware that you can be sued for defamation?

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to