User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 22:47:22
Print Post

Has anyone done this lately??

[link to this post]

Hi

A family member of mine has a Sky LLU connection and syncs at around 12-13000kbps and 1300kbps upstream.

I have notcied their Latency has droped so I'm assuming they have been put on fastpath by DLM and their upload used to be just over 1000kbps and now the SNR for that has been decreased to 3db so they are nearly maxing out.

The downstream how ever is still on a 6db profile and was wondering if I rang or went on the Sky Forums if it could be decreased also to 3db to suck a bit more speed out of there line..

Their Downstream Line Attenuation is around 35db and not very far from exchange...

Also thought I would add this: What are the chances of getting an ordinary Sky Unlimted connection switched to the pro version that ex O2 & BE customers are on as I wouldn't mind getting a static IP for this connection to monitor its latenmcy and generally keep and eye on it.

So what do you think my chances are???

Edited by mlmclaren (Wed 30-Jul-14 22:50:39)

Standard User dsergeant
(member) Thu 31-Jul-14 07:16:59
Print Post

Re: Has anyone done this lately??

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Also thought I would add this: What are the chances of getting an ordinary Sky Unlimted connection switched to the pro version that ex O2 & BE customers are on as I wouldn't mind getting a static IP for this connection to monitor its latenmcy and generally keep and eye on it.

The Pro version was introduced as an option for Be customers who were on fixed IP and is very recent. Most, in fact virtually all O2 customers were moved over before Pro was released and are on normal Sky broadband (how this was done depends on the hardware available at individual exchanges and whether they have also taken Sky Talk). I understand that Pro is available now to anybody on request, though at a different price and presumably a new contract.
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Thu 31-Jul-14 11:12:45
Print Post

[re: dsergeant] [link to this post]

OK, any idea of price or is that a mystery

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Jul-14 12:19:45
Print Post

OK, any idea of price or is that a mystery

ADSL Pro costs £5 per month more than normal ADSL Unlimited.

Oliver.
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Thu 31-Jul-14 12:22:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Ok cool and could you recap any advantages other than a static IP over standered Unlimited maybe does it have annex m??

I've noticed in the online account the upload is set upto 2.6mbps

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Jul-14 12:29:16
Print Post

Ok cool and could you recap any advantages other than a static IP over standered Unlimited maybe does it have annex m??

No annex m (yet). Has static ip, premium support and line profiles.

Oliver.
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Thu 31-Jul-14 12:56:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Oooh Line Profiles... How are these set... do you phone them or is it in the My Sky Online Account and what sort of profiles if you know...

can you set downstream and upstream sort thing.. or is their limits

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Jul-14 14:00:19
Print Post

Oooh Line Profiles... How are these set... do you phone them or is it in the My Sky Online Account and what sort of profiles if you know...

can you set downstream and upstream sort thing.. or is their limits

Line profiles have to be set via live chat or phone I believe, until they sort it out in My Sky.

I've never seen anyone clarify what kind of line profiles are available, maybe someone on ADSL Pro can enlighten us.

Oliver.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 31-Jul-14 23:17:29
Print Post

1.3Mbps is the maximum upstream speed supported by Annex A so reducing the upstream SNR wouldn't make any difference.
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Fri 01-Aug-14 00:27:56
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

As I said in my post I want to get downstream SNR decreased to 3db from 6db...

The upstream SNR has already been decreased to 3db and now sync at 1300kbps or just under.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to