User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(member) Sun 10-Aug-14 14:09:40
Print Post

No Cancellation?

[link to this post]

I had my Mac code and been with PlusNet two weeks. It appears though Sky have not received this confirmation and have kept my account active and have billed me for another month!

I've called their "cancellations" team but got through to their broadband team instead because the cancellation number is just a generic number. The broadband team gave me the cancellation number of exactly the same number 03332 022 135 which does not get through to cancellations!

So, question, I can't get in touch with Sky to actually Cancel my broadband.

1) Shouldn't my MAC code have taken care of everything when I trannsferred my line? I don't want to shout at PlusNet but I understand that they should have contacted Sky to advise new service was live.

2) What can I do to actually cancel my broadband? Write a letter? I've already spent 30 minutes on the line at 9p a minute, they want to keep me on hold another 30 minutes. I've asked for them to ring back. In the event. This is actually getting stupid now, I just want the account cancelled, but I don't fancy spending £10 on telephone calls to get the service cancelled.

If I can't get cancelled quickly and easily with minimal cost, I might just cancel the DD, tell my bank not to authortise any charges from Sky, write a letter confirming cancellation and providing my understanding of MAC codes are correct, insist on a refund threatening legal action.?? What should I do?

I don't want something for nothing. I just want my money back!

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 10-Aug-14 15:58:39
Print Post

Re: No Cancellation?

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

Has the line rental moved?

The MAC and line rental move would generate two separate notifications, but some ISPs require you to give explicit notice about you wanting to move provider and start the clock ticking on your 30 day notice period.

Cancelling your broadband is the wrong thing to say, since they might push a cease order through on the line and cause a problem with the PlusNet service. You need Sky to stop billing you.

Have you tried the Sky online chat.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sjdean
(member) Sun 10-Aug-14 16:33:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, they say I need to speak to cancellations. Tried Cancellations, they said I need to call them.

Called them.

1 hour later, and Im told Im still under contract! 12 month contract after being switched to Sky from Be! Fuming now. 9p a minute and no one to take my call. I wonder why. Got through to someone who eneded up cutting me off!

I've just emailed them threatening legal action advising on their T&C's on the website about not entering a new minimum term on being taken over.

Not having any more of that.

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Aug-14 17:48:47
Print Post

Write a letter giving your terms on cancellation. Ask for a confirmation of receipt of letter and full cancellation of your account at £0 cost. State that if you do not hear from then within 30 days of the letter dated then you consider the account to be fully closed.

IanD
Standard User smith246
(newbie) Fri 15-Aug-14 08:28:29
Print Post

How did they get you on a 12 month contract? (if you actually are)

Was it the 'new sky router' scam? Was it them offering you 'free broadband' for Be transfers? Was it something else?
Standard User smith246
(newbie) Fri 15-Aug-14 08:36:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by sjdean:
If I can't get cancelled quickly and easily with minimal cost, I might just cancel the DD, tell my bank not to authortise any charges from Sky, write a letter confirming cancellation and providing my understanding of MAC codes are correct, insist on a refund threatening legal action.?? What should I do?
A lot of us ex-Be peeps are in the same boat as you. They told me I needed a new sky router to connect to their network, of course all I needed was the login details, then used this as a pretext to get me to sign up for a 12 month contract...when the letter arrived it said I had agreed to a telo contract too.

Some of us are using the method of noting all contact with sky and changing this to written contact for proof even when sky say they have to call you to discuss things, keeping note of all costs including our time, keeping all direct debits active (to prevent breach of contract in local courts), using the other people who post about their problems on the sky forum as proof, and using all this to make a complaint to sky then escalate it to the ombudsman.

it is a [censored] process but you need to complain, use email and recorded letter (make sure to include this in your costs), then escalate to the ombudsman.
  Print Thread

Jump to