User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snarks
(member) Thu 09-Oct-14 19:40:32
Print Post

Retention deals

[link to this post]

My BT Line Rental Saver and my O2 customer welcome discount from Sky are about to come to an end. I was thinking of combining both line rental and broadband with the same company.

Has anyone got any decent retention offers when asking for a MAC? I'm not going to stay with Sky if I have to pay full price.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 09-Oct-14 19:45:56
Print Post

Re: Retention deals

[re: Snarks] [link to this post]

Current offer is free bb for 12 months, so if you move phone they might let upu take that deal. A lot depends on how good the previous deal was.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Snarks
(member) Fri 07-Nov-14 22:54:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Wow, one hour on online chat and they still wouldn't give the me the MAC. Offered me Fibre at £5 per month for a year and full price line rental. I told them I wasn't interested and they just kept asking why not.

With previous providers, I've usually just logged in to my account and clicked the "Send me a MAC" link but this is completely different.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Sat 08-Nov-14 10:26:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snarks:
Wow, one hour on online chat and they still wouldn't give the me the MAC. Offered me Fibre at £5 per month for a year and full price line rental. I told them I wasn't interested and they just kept asking why not.

40/10 fibre broadband, Line Rental and free evening and weekend calls for £21.40?

What are you looking for?
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 08-Nov-14 11:08:36
Print Post

Sounds like a very good deal, I hope your not hoping to get better from BT....

Because you WON'T.

You do realise that sky have offered you a £15 monthly saving for probably quadruple the speed you get now!

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Subscribed! Virgin Media Utilization Fix Countdown, will they keep there promise after 3 years?
TBB ST - Ookla ST - TBB BQM - RS BQM
FTTC Available - SDCRWLY PCP 70 @ 0.2-0.3km
Standard User Snarks
(member) Sat 08-Nov-14 11:33:29
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

When you factor in Plusnet's Line Rental Saver and current cashback offer and the fact that Sky will charge me £2.50 a month for NOT having their TV service, PlusNet is £5 per month cheaper in year 1 and way cheaper when the special offers end for year 2.

Apparently, I can expect 18/3 speeds due to my distance from the cabinet.
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 08-Nov-14 12:10:16
Print Post

I don't think the £2.50 applies to fibre, also even if it does it would still be cheaper than plusnet.

I worked out from Sky website, that you would pay £16.40 monthly for Line Rental and £5 for Fibre equalling £21.40..

Now plusnet latest offer I can see is 6 months free then £14.99 + £15.95 line rental meaning £31.94 for last 12 months.

Has sky mentioned what contract length will be.

I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Subscribed! Virgin Media Utilization Fix Countdown, will they keep there promise after 3 years?

Edited by mlmclaren (Sat 08-Nov-14 12:15:37)

Standard User Snarks
(member) Sat 08-Nov-14 12:42:57
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

There's £50 cashback which drops the cost to £3.33 per month when used to discount the cost of the fibre instead of £5 per month with Sky.

For the line rental, LRS is £12.99 per month equivalent instead of the full monthly charge of £16.40 with Sky. I don't care about call packages since I make very few phone calls on the landline.

Both are 18 month contracts.

Year 2 costs would be £27.98 with PlusNet vs £36.40 with Sky ignoring any price rises and the potential for the £2.50 no TV charge.
Standard User Snarks
(member) Sat 08-Nov-14 15:09:02
Print Post

Just called Sky to get a MAC. They offered me 12 months Line Rental Saver which is the equivalent of £11.70 per month and they dropped the £2.50 no TV charge with immediate effect.

So I've got phone and Fibre for £16.70 per month for 12 months. Of course, I accepted.

Edited by Snarks (Sat 08-Nov-14 15:09:45)

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 08-Nov-14 15:20:59
Print Post

I knew you could get and better deal than elsewhere in the end!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to