User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DTWD
(regular) Tue 13-Jan-15 12:25:10
Print Post

Post BE user - Sky getting slower...

[link to this post]

I was on BE at my current address for about 3 years before I was moved onto Sky.

I had , approximately, 1700Kbs connection rate solidly for 3 years. Occasionally it would dip, but it always came back. - This was using the provided Thompson router.

I have since moved to Sky, initially, I was on the same speed for a few days, then it dropped down to below 1000Kbs. After speaking to Sky they sent me a Sky router which picked the speed up to something around 1600Kbs, but it dropped down to around 1500Kbs where it has pretty much stayed since. The SNR is usually around 6-7, I even requested this be lowered (at the Sky end, which they did) but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Have any other former BE users suffered slower connections since switching? Have you been able to do anything to get the speed back? Are there any other providers able to give a similar service to what BE used to do?

Our house is directly connected to the exchange, so we won't be getting fibre any time soon.

EDIT: I have now been on Sky for about 9 months or so, so it's not teething or the weather or anything, 1500 seems to be the norm.

Edited by DTWD (Tue 13-Jan-15 12:30:34)

Standard User Sceptic
(experienced) Tue 13-Jan-15 17:33:15
Print Post

Re: Post BE user - Sky getting slower...

[re: DTWD] [link to this post]

Try going to MySky Broadband pro and update your line profile manually as this is now possible.
Standard User DTWD
(regular) Tue 13-Jan-15 20:19:16
Print Post

Re: Post BE user - Sky getting slower...

[re: Sceptic] [link to this post]

The old BE settings! Oh my friends how have you been!?!? laugh

Thanks for that sceptic...nice of them to let me know! I don't know the settings where active or not, but according to the slider I was on "stable", which is the slowest of the 3.

Let's see how that goes!

Thanks again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to