User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User madmart
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Jan-15 12:46:21
Print Post

F@ST2504n Reboots <Solved>

[link to this post]

Hi,

Interesting issue, my F@ST2504n seems to be rebooting at about the same time each day +- an hour, it started off a few weeks ago about lunch time and has slowly progressed to early afternoon 3ish.

I'm not just getting a drop of the ADSL connection, all the lights turn red and I loose everything, Ethernet and wifi connections, looking at the, stats page backs this up that I've had a reboot... I dont appear to have any issues with the electrical supply, the PC and my Pi stay up and the times I've been in the house when its rebooted nothing flickered........

Has anyone got any ideas as the reboots have now started to cause a reduction in my sync speed...

Ta,

--
Mart.
Sky Unlimited

Edited by madmart (Tue 13-Jan-15 17:23:35)

Standard User madmart
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Jan-15 17:27:39
Print Post

Re: F@ST2504n Reboots <Solved>

[re: madmart] [link to this post]

Hi,

It appears Avast is crashing the router, there is a Home Network Protection module that for whatever reason crashes the router when run.

Its replicable by simple manually initiating a network scan, boom all the lights go red...

It's an issue known to Avast but they are stating that its an issue with the Sky firmware, simple solution is to disable the option in tools....

--
Mart.
Sky Unlimited
  Print Thread

Jump to