User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheCouchPotato
(newbie) Fri 06-Mar-15 10:11:54
Print Post

West Harrow

[link to this post]

Hello

I am shortly moving into my new home in West Harrow and I have the option of four providers:

Virgin Media TV, Fibre and Phone - £68.50 (100mbps)
Sky - TV, Fibre, Phone - £85 (38mbps)
Zen - £47 (just internet)
PlusNet - £5

Now Ive never had any of these, currently and always have been with BT. Obviously Virgin makes most sense from a cost/value perspective but I want to know if anyone has experience with it in West Harrow? It seems everywhere I read about Virgin there are horror stories but then people also saying it's been perfect for them.

Can anyone who has SKY in WEST HARROW please give feedback as to whether it has been reliable with speeds as advertised? No point in getting a good value package if the internet is unreliable.

Thank you very muc
Standard User TheCouchPotato
(newbie) Sat 07-Mar-15 22:06:54
Print Post

Re: West Harrow

[re: TheCouchPotato] [link to this post]

No-one has Sky in West Harrow? really?
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Mar-15 22:15:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by TheCouchPotato:
No-one has Sky in West Harrow? really?

Who reads this forum. Quite possible.

Sky is generally very good and regional issues are rare. VIrgin media is generally very good, and regional issues occur but are fixed in most places.

The latest Ofcom report shows that Virgin cable (DOCSIS) is more likely to give you higher speeds consistently than any FTTC or ADSL vendor. So if you only need speed that is a sensible option.

However if you need consistency (e.g. Jitter is important to you) or you want Static IP or other advanced options, then the FTTC options are more useful. Sky may offer Static IP on their expensive level (ex BE) but Plusnet do offer static IP, and other ISPs as well.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Sat 07-Mar-15 22:45:33
Print Post

if sky offer fibre (well fttc) then many suppliers offer that too, (including BT!)
  Print Thread

Jump to