User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:01:05
Print Post

Fibre Unlimited only doing 5meg!

[link to this post]

I've never had a problem with my broadband for over a year and have always switched it all off at night because it was plugged into the same socket as my PC. I noticed over the last week the speed was dropping but I didn't feel it was an issue until these last few days when I was only getting 450kb/s on Steam! I checked my router connection and it was stuck fast at 5304 kbps, thus phoning up Sky Broadband they told me to try the test socket and different filter and with no difference.

They said it may be due to me switching it off and the line picking that up as a fault, hence dropping the speeds. But I've never had this problem before on any internet connection I've ever had in regards to switching it off!

But any way, I left it on for 24hrs as per their instructions and to wait for the 10 day profiling to kick in again to fix it.

I checked today and it's doing 4695kbps and I haven't even touched it or turned it off! So why has it dropped :mad:

( It should be at 40mbps connection, not 4.5 tongue )
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:16:23
Print Post

Re: Fibre Unlimited only doing 5meg!

[re: BLOODUK] [link to this post]

Your problems may be due to DLM thinking your line is unstable because you keep turning it off and on.
DLM is always on.

____________________________________________________________________________Information_without_perspective_is_a_higher_form_of_ignorance________
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:19:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by BLOODUK:
But any way, I left it on for 24hrs as per their instructions and to wait for the 10 day profiling to kick in again to fix it.

Fibre doesn't have a 10 day profiling thing it is always adjusting. I would find a separate power socket for your router (and fibre modem if you have one) and leave them on. Mine has been on for nearly 2 years.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:25:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Your problems may be due to DLM thinking your line is unstable because you keep turning it off and on.
DLM is always on.

Someone didn't read the rest...

But any way, I left it on for 24hrs as per their instructions - I checked today and it's doing 4695kbps and I haven't even touched it or turned it off! So why has it dropped

Edited by BLOODUK (Mon 23-Mar-15 19:26:08)

Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:26:52
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by BLOODUK:

Fibre doesn't have a 10 day profiling thing it is always adjusting. I would find a separate power socket for your router (and fibre modem if you have one) and leave them on. Mine has been on for nearly 2 years.

Yeh I guess I'll have to, I have a 10m ethernet cable coming this week as well because at the moment it's cables across my living room floor frown
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:27:42
Print Post

Yes I did. DLM takes longer than 24 hours to start increasing your speeds. More like 2-3 weeks.

____________________________________________________________________________Information_without_perspective_is_a_higher_form_of_ignorance________
Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:28:46
Print Post

Yes I did. DLM takes longer than 24 hours to start increasing your speeds. More like 2-3 weeks.

Well they have an engineer coming out on Wednesday to re-train/profile the line, between 8 and 12. Their exact words smile They said it will start high up and drop till it is the most stable
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 23-Mar-15 19:30:22
Print Post

If he does a DLM reset you should be fine.

Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-15 20:24:04
Print Post

Grand, thanks man
Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Mar-15 10:15:39
Print Post

All fixed!

I'm at 45meg now smile They even turned off interleaving, said my line was capable of 75meg if I wanted the pro service
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to