User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Fri 08-May-15 10:11:01
Print Post

Re: Migrated to Sky

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

This looks good...

I've just ordered a Sky LLU (ADSL) connection for Online Gaming as using my Plusnet connection is shocking even though my connection the the DSLAM at same speed as yourself is brilliant.

I chose Sky as I would have the choice of switching between Pro and Standard packages and upgrading to Fibre would be a simple as making a phone call and them sending someone to the cabinet... But I'm avoiding Fibre for a bit anyway...

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-May-15 18:04:59
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
I chose Sky as I would have the choice of switching between Pro and Standard packages and upgrading to Fibre would be a simple as making a phone call and them sending someone to the cabinet... But I'm avoiding Fibre for a bit anyway...

Sky's relatively new Pro package would be the only thing to tempt me from Plusnet, but its a LOT more expensive for the 80/20 profile and I get 50/11 real world speeds so dropping down to 38/7 isn't something I want. Not having issues myself with Plusnet and enjoying static IP but waiting on IPv6smile

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 product - Installed 2 June 14 - April Sync 57 / 11 with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Speedtest
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-May-15 19:35:42
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I assume you would drop down to 40M/10M (I get 2-3k less than that). Wonder how much concurrent download you are actually using. Could be it is less than 40M (lets say 25M as an example) so you may not notice any difference. My SKY FTTC connection has been rock solid for the last 2 1/2 years.

obviously no static IP. The update to 80/20 + static is another tenner

IanD

Edited by iand (Fri 08-May-15 19:37:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-May-15 20:39:06
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
I assume you would drop down to 40M/10M (I get 2-3k less than that). Wonder how much concurrent download you are actually using. Could be it is less than 40M (lets say 25M as an example) so you may not notice any difference. My SKY FTTC connection has been rock solid for the last 2 1/2 years.

I experienced the difference for a couple of weeks last year when I switched to Plusnet smile

obviously no static IP. The update to 80/20 + static is another tenner

I would have to go Pro to get the static IP option which is the £30/m + Phone line. With Plusnet I'm paying £19/m for a pretty good service (for me).

Sky might get my business at £22 or £25/m but at £30/m they're out of the ballpark I'm afraid.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 product - Installed 2 June 14 - April Sync 57 / 11 with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Speedtest
Standard User ip75
(learned) Fri 08-May-15 22:09:23
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

They'll probably let you have it for £20 if you call them.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to