User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vit0
(member) Sun 17-May-15 13:58:56
Print Post

Sky Fibre Hub?

[link to this post]

I'm ordering Sky Fibre at some point this week, does anyone know if they still provide the Openreach modem with the SkyHub or if the VDSL modem is built into the most recent version of the SkyHub.

Also, do they still do BTO attended installs?

Cheers,

Lee
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-May-15 14:52:54
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Hub?

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

VDSL modem is built into the newest Sky Hub SR102 (the black one). You can often get Huawei modems from eBay to use either with the Sky Hub or other routers if you get a router that can handle the obscure login that Sky Fibre uses, and you capture the login credentials. Google a bit for the instructions.

No idea on attended installs - probably not.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 product - Installed 2 June 14 - April Sync 57 / 11 with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Speedtest
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Sun 17-May-15 15:38:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by vit0:
I'm ordering Sky Fibre at some point this week, does anyone know if they still provide the Openreach modem with the SkyHub or if the VDSL modem is built into the most recent version of the SkyHub.

Also, do they still do BTO attended installs?

Cheers,

I'd imagine so if you need all the points put in?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-May-15 16:28:14
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AAuser27:
I'd imagine so if you need all the points put in?

Now they just do it the same way as with ADSL, you get delivered the router and filters and you connect filters to all your in use phone sockets and plug the router into one of the filters.

Only reason an engineer would visit is if you don't have a phone line.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 product - Installed 2 June 14 - April Sync 57 / 11 with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Speedtest
Standard User aquilla
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-May-15 08:13:35
Print Post

Hi vit0,

I ordered the Sky Fibre Unlimited (40/10) service last week and am due to go live tomorrow. I got sent a black Sky router (SR102) and a couple of microfilters.

No need for an engineering visit from BT Openreach. Sky have been self-install on this service for several months now.

I believe the Sky Fibre Pro (80/20) package may still be an engineering visit (due to the speed) however I cannot verify that at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stuart

Current ISP: Sky LLU
Previous ISP: Xilo (via Be LLU) , Zen (for 9 years).

Edited by aquilla (Mon 18-May-15 08:28:59)

Standard User kamelion
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-May-15 21:52:14
Print Post

[re: aquilla] [link to this post]

80/20 is self install too

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User JS2012
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 15:04:17
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

Sadly BTOR still need to visit the cabinet for either fibre speed. That's why you're told 10-14 days. (At least for the first time Fibre is enabled to your address.) There shouldn't been a need for BTOR to visit your home though, unless there's a problem with your socket.

Edited by JS2012 (Fri 22-May-15 15:05:53)

Print Thread

Jump to