User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ainsley001
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-15 06:01:50
Print Post

Increased Hub Re-syncs

[link to this post]

Been on Sky Fibre Unlimited for coming up to 18 months now and after an initial problem with the line (fixed by Openreach) my connection has stayed up solidly for weeks at a time without re-syncing.

Over the last few days, however, I've noticed that it's re-syncing once or twice a day - no significant change to the sync speed (up or down) each time and it's still fast on speed tests (37 / 7 - which is as fast as my line will go) so no issues there, but should I be concerned i.e. is this a potential precursor to a fault or am I just lucky to have it stay stable and connected the rest of the time?
Standard User ainsley001
(regular) Sun 13-Sep-15 16:42:31
Print Post

Re: Increased Hub Re-syncs

[re: ainsley001] [link to this post]

turns out it WAS the precursor to a problem. A couple of days ago my sync speed dropped 5 megs and my average download speed has of course done the same. Up speed is not significantly different. Sky won't process this as a fault as my speed is still high (in fact higher than I'm supposed to get on this line) but its annoying.

Still seeing a slightly different sync speed every 12-24 hours but Sky say the connection is not being dropped - can this be the case?
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Mon 14-Sep-15 19:19:36
Print Post

[re: ainsley001] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ainsley001:
turns out it WAS the precursor to a problem. A couple of days ago my sync speed dropped 5 megs and my average download speed has of course done the same. Up speed is not significantly different. Sky won't process this as a fault as my speed is still high (in fact higher than I'm supposed to get on this line) but its annoying.

Still seeing a slightly different sync speed every 12-24 hours but Sky say the connection is not being dropped - can this be the case?

Check your modem stats to see if the VDSL2 connection is being lost or not.

FTTC over 600M of good old Aluminium
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2869262320.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ainsley001
(regular) Mon 14-Sep-15 20:54:45
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

Note sure where to see that but the up-times are showing as follows:

LAN and WLAN - 210 hours
WAN - 14 hours

Also noticed these - don't know if they are significant on a fibre line:

Line Attenuation : Down 25.0db, Up zero
Line Noise : Down 9.2db, Up 6.6db

Any clues?