User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User UKconfederate
(newbie) Tue 03-Nov-15 10:41:04
Print Post

Sky Phone Line Questions

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I'm currently looking around for a different internet provider, I can only have 'fibre' with Sky as they currently don't offer 'broadband' at my exchange.

I have two queries which I can't seem to find answers to:

1.) Do sky have a Caller ID feature to see who is calling before I answer - if so, what is the monthly cost?
2.) Really stupid question but can I use a normal telephone with Sky or do they have some sort of phone hub that I have to use?

I appreciate these questions aren't broadband related but seeing as you can only have internet from Sky by taking their phone line rental it sort of is related.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 03-Nov-15 10:53:21
Print Post

Re: Sky Phone Line Questions

[re: UKconfederate] [link to this post]

1) Caller-id is free
2) Normal telephone smile
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Nov-15 14:38:18
Print Post

You're on one of the smaller exchanges previously limited to 8 meg IPstream Connect? I think Sky will do well on these exchanges since they can finally offer more attractive prices, especially for lower usage users looking at Sky's 25 GB FTTC package for only £10 per month.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 03-Nov-15 15:30:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
1) Caller-id is free
2) Normal telephone smile

Thank you for your reply.

Now just weighing up my options whether to attempt to negotiate a deal with BT or Sky now.
(newbie) Tue 03-Nov-15 15:32:55
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
You're on one of the smaller exchanges previously limited to 8 meg IPstream Connect? I think Sky will do well on these exchanges since they can finally offer more attractive prices, especially for lower usage users looking at Sky's 25 GB FTTC package for only £10 per month.

Yeah, I'm connected to a 20 CN exchange with only up to 8 Meg available. Now that my cab has been upgraded to 'fibre' last week, I seem to be able to 'unlock' some of the better deals previously unavailable to me.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Nov-15 15:34:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by UKconfederate:
Yeah, I'm connected to a 20 CN exchange with only up to 8 Meg available. Now that my cab has been upgraded to 'fibre' last week, I seem to be able to 'unlock' some of the better deals previously unavailable to me.

Yes it's a good development since these exchanges when upgraded to fibre are released from the "shackles" of Market A pricing.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 03-Nov-15 15:34:49)

Print Thread

Jump to