User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 18-Nov-15 10:47:34
Print Post

Sky Announces Sky Q

[link to this post]

Sky Q: Sky announces new ‘premium’ satellite service with redesigned TV boxes and remote
Standard User ip75
(regular) Wed 18-Nov-15 15:12:14
Print Post

Re: Sky Announces Sky Q

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The new router looks decent, and I think the way all of your Sky boxes can be used as Wifi access points is a nice idea.

https://corporate.sky.com/documents/sky-q-2015/fact-...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Nov-15 15:18:05
Print Post

If there had been access to say UHD Sky Movies on demand over the broadband might have got excited enough to mention in the news.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Skilty
(member) Wed 18-Nov-15 15:48:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I dunno, simultaneous recording of four channels at the same time is pretty note worthy. Especially coupled with the Sky Q Mini which removes the need for Sky Multiroom smile

plusnet Unlimited Fibre (FTTC) > Sky Fibre Pro Unlimited. 17ms Ping, Sync ~ 64.05/18.83Mbps - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Nov-15 16:06:36
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

Removes the coax wiring issues of multi-room but not price as looks like that is rolled into the premium price of Q.

Suspect the loss of multiroom subscriptions as kids will often be happy with iPlayer, Sky Go, Netflix on their tablets is the driver here.

Now clever would have been record four locally, but record many more if you want and these are trickle delivered over the internet connection.

Less revolution but more of an impressive box that looks like the investment in Roku is paying off.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Nov-15 16:12:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I bet this announcement has put Virgin on edge... I do like the idea of the power line technology being mixed with WAP's in the STB's...

I will certainly keeping an eye on this
Standard User Skilty
(member) Wed 18-Nov-15 16:34:16
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Thing is, my kids watch Netflix. My wife and I watch Sky One and Atlantic and like to record.

So if the AppleTV 4th Gen gets iPlayer, NowTV etc then I don't see much point of Sky any longer, just Netflix, terrestrial apps and NowTV...

Will watch Sky Q with interest, especially around the pricing of the Q Mini boxes...

plusnet Unlimited Fibre (FTTC) > Sky Fibre Pro Unlimited. 17ms Ping, Sync ~ 64.05/18.83Mbps - BQM
Standard User tthom
(committed) Wed 18-Nov-15 17:20:35
Print Post

Only 2 Ethernet ports?

Broadband Providers since 2005 Aol/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT/BT-INFINITY/TalkTalk for 1 month/BT INFINITY
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User jroadley
(regular) Wed 18-Nov-15 20:17:20
Print Post

Can I get Netflix and Amazon instant on this box?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 18-Nov-15 20:28:00
Print Post

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

http://settvfree.sky.com/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to