User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Tue 24-Nov-15 23:45:06
Print Post

For Those Who Transferred From O2

[link to this post]

Are you still able to access your O2 emails ?

As for the past couple of days, ive been unable to.

I sign in, go to My O2, then select email as normal, but it just doesn't load, the tab at the top changes to Inbox, to show its loading in, but it just stays like that for ages, the circle just spins and spins and spins, then after a good while, it just goes to a white window, with a rectangle along the top, and thats it.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User dsergeant
(member) Wed 25-Nov-15 06:54:50
Print Post

Re: For Those Who Transferred From O2

[re: Fibre] [link to this post]

I agree that the webmail interface doesn't load. But access via POP3 from an email program still works as it should - just sent myself a message there.
Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Wed 25-Nov-15 12:50:28
Print Post

[re: dsergeant] [link to this post]

Seems to be an O2 problem, as Sky have had a few calls about it, but they have no control over it, being O2, so at least its not just a prob my end i suppose.

Sky Fibre Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Wed 25-Nov-15 16:47:22
Print Post

[re: dsergeant] [link to this post]

I think ive found a workaround. smile

When the tab at the top changes to the inbox, as though its going to load in, but doesn't, after a bit, if i just cancel it, i just get a blank white page, so if i right-click and reload, the inbox loads straight away, so im in.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Nov-15 20:03:40
Print Post

Hopefully your O2 mailbox is just a spare? Neither O2 nor Sky have stated how long O2 mailboxes will be kept alive.

Oliver.
Standard User Nighty1973
(member) Fri 27-Nov-15 09:07:50
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Sky only bought the O2 & Be customer base and some of the equipment; the O2 email service remained under the control of O2/Telefonica.

All that was said at the time of the takeover was that customers would still be able to access their O2 email after the switchover to Sky broadband.

The problem is that customers don't see the broadband and email as two separate services. Not helped by the fact that O2 customer services don't seem to have any idea who deals with it.

At the end of the day, it is completely out of Sky's hands.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Nov-15 12:50:27
Print Post

[re: Nighty1973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nighty1973:
At the end of the day, it is completely out of Sky's hands.

Maybe. We don't actually know what agreement was struck between Sky and O2 on the subject of O2 email. I can't see why would O2 want the expense of running their old email service for their defunct ISP, unless they came to an agreement on the issue with Sky.

Oliver.
Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Fri 27-Nov-15 13:08:14
Print Post

Its all working fine for me now smile

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Nov-15 16:57:25
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I can't see why would O2 want the expense of running their old email service for their defunct ISP, unless they came to an agreement on the issue with Sky.

O2 email used to be available to almost anyone on the o2.co.uk site, and then was available to mobile phone customers before they bought into BE (If I remember correctly).

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 / Sync 6th Nov: 58,280/10,784 kbps with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Nov-15 17:05:00
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
O2 email used to be available to almost anyone on the o2.co.uk site, and then was available to mobile phone customers before they bought into BE (If I remember correctly).

That's right.

And then when Sky took over O2 broadband, the O2 email accounts of non O2 Broadband customers were ceased, and accounts of migrating customers were retained (for some unspecified time period).

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to