User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gmangt4
(newbie) Sun 12-Jun-16 14:02:24
Print Post

Profiles

[link to this post]

HI All
I've recently moved home and moved from fibre to ADSL2 due to it not being available at the new premises.
I installed the sky hub and got a sync speed op 23mb, at least makes up for no fibre.
Due to suffering buffer bloat and any uploading bringing my network to a crawl I installed a Draytek 120 modem with an Asus AC68U with merlin firmware to make use of the QOS function.
Draytek synced much lower at 19mb, still not slow but I put up with it due to the new router QOS working sweet, anyway the Draytek kept dropping connection so I tried putting the AC68U in to the DMZ of the sky hub but that caused issues with NAT on consoles.
So got a netgear router with QOS and bandwidth control, it synced at 21.5mb, so better but not as good as the sky hub.....when messing with QOS and bandwidth control on the netgear it reboots, whereas the Asus don't, this has caused my line profile to go from fastpath with a noise margin of 3db to an interleaved line on a 6.0db noise margin.
I called sky and they did not know what I was talking about....the supervisor just said I'm lucky to be getting 19mb on a 6 profile and he could not reset my line, he did not understand what I was saying about my profile changing from a 3 to a 6 because of me messing with router, said he had never heard of anything like that before....has anybody any advice on how to get it back or is it just a case of leave it alone and hope it recovers with DLM?
Thanks in advance to all
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Mon 13-Jun-16 23:22:47
Print Post

Re: Profiles

[re: gmangt4] [link to this post]

Did you sign up for the Unlimited Pro ADSL2+? If you did you can change profile yourself through the My Broadband section of My Sky.

If you didn't DLM may relent but Sky's version tends to stick with what it decides if the lowest stable speed.
Standard User gmangt4
(newbie) Mon 13-Jun-16 23:25:23
Print Post

Re: Profiles

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Hi
I don't know to be honest, it was the sky unlimited broadband, don't remember seeing the pro bit, but Thanks for the reply and I will check my sky to see.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to