User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Aug-16 07:49:07
Print Post

Sky Fibre Pro being retired ...

[link to this post]

Apparently Sky is ending the Sky Fibre Pro product and replacing it with Sky Fibre Max -

Bit more info about the new product launch on Monday. Known as Sky Fibre Max it's a rebrand of the fibre Pro service which is being retired. No static IP, no selectable profiles and no dedicated support line. Best thing though, it's coming Down to £25 a month. I may got for this myself.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=298...

So will the special features of existing Fibre Pro users be gradually phased out, will they be automatically migrated to the Fibre Max product?

To be honest the Fibre Pro pricing, for a mass market ISP, was not particularly attractive and since it couldn't be ordered online there was no cashback to sweeten the deal. Sky never seemed really enthusiastic about promoting it, this seems to be bringing the product more in line with the NowTV offering.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Aug-16 09:54:40
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Pro being retired ...

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

It's still on the website http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/?...

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro

Get all the benefits of Sky Fibre Broadband, with faster download speeds of up to 76Mb. Plus, dedicated technical support when you need it.

To buy, call 08442 410 802

£30
a month + Sky Line Rental (£17.40 a month)

Edited by BatBoy (Sat 13-Aug-16 09:57:36)

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Aug-16 10:03:16
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
It's still on the website http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/?...

The quote I gave, from a Sky employee, said the new product launch would be Monday.

Edited by Spud2003 (Sat 13-Aug-16 10:05:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Aug-16 10:07:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
The quote I gave, from a Sky employee
On the Overclockers forum.

Any announcements on Sky's own forum?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Aug-16 10:21:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
On the Overclockers forum.

Any announcements on Sky's own forum?

Forum is not particularly relevant, Sky employee is.

He's a long standing member with a good reputation, you are free to come up with any reasons you want as to why he would suddenly make up a non-existent new product - I'm not going to take the bait. Here is an earlier post from him on August 9th -

Someone at work mentioned a new Fibre pack Sky will be launching next week but I have no clue as to what it might be. Some have said a 'rebrand' of an existing package,mothers have suggested something new. All will be revealed a week today apparently.

Edited by Spud2003 (Sat 13-Aug-16 10:29:24)

Standard User speedyrite
(member) Sat 13-Aug-16 10:25:18
Print Post

There's never any official advance info on the official forum. People only go there to moan about their service issues, so there's rarely even any chatter about stuff like this. Super Users on the official forum usually know about stuff in advance (mostly), but understandably they're not allowed to reveal anything before an official announcement.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Aug-16 11:42:00
Print Post

He's a long standing member with a good reputation, you are free to come up with any reasons you want as to why he would suddenly make up a non-existent new product - I'm not going to take the bait. Here is an earlier post from him on August 9th -

Someone at work mentioned a new Fibre pack Sky will be launching next week but I have no clue as to what it might be. Some have said a 'rebrand' of an existing package,mothers have suggested something new. All will be revealed a week today apparently.

Calm down. All I said was that Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro is still available and there hasn't been any announcement on the Sky forums.

You seem to think the rumour you have seen is what's really going to happen. We'll see on Monday whether it's made up or not.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Aug-16 11:46:49
Print Post

[re: speedyrite] [link to this post]

I see you've asked the question on Skyuser wink
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Aug-16 12:42:41
Print Post

Well you did ask me to explain that today is Saturday and not Monday, and then Sky to announce(or allow members to announce) a new product on the official Sky forums before launch ... hard to know whether you were being serious or not.

I obviously can only repost what I find, not guarantee anything as I'm not a Sky employee, but at this time I've no reason to believe the poster acted in bad faith.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 13-Aug-16 12:50:23
Print Post

Well you did ask me to explain that today is Saturday and not Monday
Did I? Where?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to