User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User M100
(regular) Tue 30-Aug-16 17:07:31
Print Post

Had enough of rubbish service

[link to this post]

Has anyone got a snail mail address so I can formally give Sky notice of unilaterally leaving my contract due to failure of them and their subcontractor failing to provide an adequate level of service?

I've spent more time on the phone to Sky 'customer services' in the past three months than my entire downtime of internet connections in the previous 20+ years online. They and Openreach are a fecking shambles.

Edited by M100 (Tue 30-Aug-16 17:07:54)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 30-Aug-16 17:24:57
Print Post

Re: Had enough of rubbish service

[re: M100] [link to this post]

On the phone

Call us on 03442 414 141. Calls to and from our advisors may be recorded or monitored for training and other purposes.
By post

Write to:

Customer Complaints
Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
PO Box 43
Livingston
West Lothian
EH54 7DD

also https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-broadband/cancel-sk...

Edited by BatBoy (Tue 30-Aug-16 17:28:16)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-Aug-16 07:43:05
Print Post

If you are outside the 12 month minimum term then just migrating to another provider is all the notice you need to give.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 31-Aug-16 09:41:39
Print Post

Try Executive Complaints Team at Sky

estenquiries@BSkyB.com
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-16 09:53:48
Print Post

Maybe email the exec team and see if they can offer a resolution they're usually very nice these high up teams smile
Standard User M100
(regular) Wed 31-Aug-16 09:56:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If only I was outside the 12 months contract it would be all so simple and easy to move to an ISP where maybe they could put appropriate pressure on Openreach to perform and supply a usable connection. It's previously worked for a decade with just one cable fault on ADSL on a number of ISP's. Previous to that on Home Highway, prior to that on dialup since the early 1990's and as a high quality low noise landline for 30+ years.

Moving to Sky was the worst mistake we ever made. Openreach are proving beyond useless.

I pay Sky. They occasionally refund me 100% of the amount paid. I have an intermittent noisy landline and a broadband connection that often disconnects hundreds of times a day.

Done the usual check with an AM radio, no obvious noise sources, nearest mobile base station over half a mile away, nearest solar panel inverters 400m away. No radio amateurs nearby. No local electric welding activity coincident with broadband failures. No extension wiring is connected.

All new openreach fitted NTE5 backplate, iPlate, and lower front plate.
Two new Sky supplied routers, cables and microfilters.
Everything electrical switched off in the house except the router and it's still faulty

When it's working it's an 8000kbps down 800kbps up line With an attenuation of 46db down and 29db up with a noise margin of between 3 and 6 dB

Openreach come and 'test the line' See all greens and say it's not faulty. Now and again they see a fault between me and the cabinet which is sited at around 450m and appear to do no digging. All the route is underground, almost all not in ducts, and running adjacent to trees with 40 - 60 years of growth.

On the one occasion they did dig, their contractor apparently backfilled the hole before any Openreach inspection, and didn't fit an inspection chamber as specifically requested by Openreach. The 'repair' seen by me before the backfilling was jelly crimps with the joint wrapped in a plastic bag and sealed with insulation tape. It may have zero mechanical protection right under a tree.. No one knows without digging the hole again (the first dig was supposedly at a cost of around £400)

Anything from an hour to a day to a couple of weeks later the exact same problem is back again.

Then spend another half an hour or hour on the phone to Sky plugging things in and out and swapping phones etc, crawling on the floor and unscrewing the frontplate to get to the test socket. Using just the test socket and the sky supplied microfilters makes no difference. Keeping the landline phone offhook occasionally makes some improvement to the broadband but it's not consistent.

It's been reported as a landline fault and as a broadband fault and both with zero change in outcome.

After the long phonecall to sky it's a case of waiting three or more days for an Openreach appointment, then take another day or half day off work.

Rinse and repeat. For the past four months

P.S. All wiring is copper

Edited by M100 (Wed 31-Aug-16 10:29:07)

Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 31-Aug-16 10:16:07
Print Post

Whoever you seek to move to you'll have the same problem until Openreach do the business and dig the hole

Rather than start again with a new ISP get on to the top of Sky and persuade them to put some pressure on Openreach

It may be a pain but I can't think of a faster way to resolve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 31-Aug-16 10:32:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by M100:
If only I was outside the 12 months contract it would be all so simple and easy to move to an ISP where maybe they could put appropriate pressure on Openreach to perform and supply a usable connection
You can still just migrate and then discuss with Sky how much you're prepared to pay them. I suggest you move to AAISP who guarantee to fix your line or your money back http://aaisp.net/broadband-trial.html
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 31-Aug-16 10:33:25
Print Post

Migrating to AAISP is probably your best bet as they have an excellent reputation for whipping BT/OR's <you know what> into gear:

Give us a month and we'll sort your problem broadband line or your money back.
If you are migrating your service to us, even though you know you have a problem with your broadband line, we'll take on the fault. We'll tackle the problem and get it fixed within one month. If we don't then you can migrate away and owe us nothing for your migration to us and your service charges for that month.

But your first step should be getting in touch with Sky CEO's office to let you wriggle out of your contract.

EDIT: Bad Boy beat me to it!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20