User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arronlowley
(regular) Wed 01-Feb-17 21:03:52
Print Post

no sky fibre max, but sky fibre pro?

[link to this post]

i ordered with sky and when it came to the pricing i asked, why is it £4 dearer when its £43 online, he explained to me that i couldnt get sky fibre max, but sky fibre pro which is the same, am i right? but my contract is 12 months rather than 18, what am i missing.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 01-Feb-17 23:30:41
Print Post

Re: no sky fibre max, but sky fibre pro?

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

Sky Fibre Max is their top VDSL2 package, and is £43.99 once you add the 1st March line rental changes.

Fibre Pro was renamed to Fibre Max some time ago when the static IP was dropped and product went dynamic IP (if brain is remembering correctly)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 02-Feb-17 08:01:43
Print Post

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

Officially Fibre Pro was replaced by Fibre Max but it appears to have made a comeback and being offered to those who can't get Fibre Max because of Sky's ridiculously high guaranteed minimum speed requirement for the Max product. Of course it costs more than Max for what is essentially the same product but I believe you can still get a static IP address with Pro.

The have been several posts on the Sky Community Forums about this.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 02-Feb-17 16:44:33
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

yeah something has changed in recent days.

In january sky were refusing any retention deals on pro as one would expect with a product been retired, then suddenly a discount deal is put back on the computers and now a new customer is offered pro, so looks like at least for now pro may have been brought out of retirement.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to