User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-17 12:58:32
Print Post

Sky fibre Pro without a static IP somehow

[link to this post]

I tried upgrading to Sky fibre Pro but cancelled today because my line is too slow to cope. I would like to ask if any Sky fibre Pro users have noticed this 2nd issue i noticed.
Sky told me i would have a static ip.

but during my time on Sky fibre pro connecting at around only 41 to 46meg and my upload slowing from there normal fibre. My ip remained dynamic if i turned router off for more than 5 minutes or so and back on the entire time i was on Sky fibre Pro my IPV4 IP would change.

Any Sky fibre pro users noticed they have a dynamic IP still instead of static which Sky claim?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 18-Feb-17 13:24:30
Print Post

Re: Sky fibre Pro without a static IP somehow

[re: blackmesa8] [link to this post]

Static IP is an option on Sky Fibre Pro.
Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-17 13:52:37
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I remember the Sky person who upgraded me "you will also get a Static IP on Pro do you mind?" me "I don't mind"

There great at explaining things (sarcasm)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Feb-17 23:11:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by blackmesa8:
I tried upgrading to Sky fibre Pro but cancelled today because my line is too slow to cope. I would like to ask if any Sky fibre Pro users have noticed this 2nd issue i noticed.
Sky told me i would have a static ip.

but during my time on Sky fibre pro connecting at around only 41 to 46meg and my upload slowing from there normal fibre. My ip remained dynamic if i turned router off for more than 5 minutes or so and back on the entire time i was on Sky fibre Pro my IPV4 IP would change.

Any Sky fibre pro users noticed they have a dynamic IP still instead of static which Sky claim?

Have you turned on the Static IP in your Sky Broadband settings - it doesn't change automatically just because you're on SFUP - you have to change the setting to turn it on.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 19-Feb-17 20:08:45
Print Post

you have to enable it in the settings, its disabled by default.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RossMcG
(member) Thu 23-Feb-17 09:14:58
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Log into your sky account and there is an option there to set the IP to static. Note though that some aren't able to set it to static, I couldn't set mine to static.
Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Wed 01-Mar-17 12:12:36
Print Post

[re: RossMcG] [link to this post]

If you couldn't set your IP as static on Sky Fibre Pro, then what is the point in paying extra for Pro?

Standard User RossMcG
(member) Wed 01-Mar-17 13:07:01
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

Strangely it has allowed me to set a static IP now. Before it gave a message that it was not available.

I didnt pay extra for the service. I got it half price for a year. Although at the time the static IP was a seller as would save me using a DNS service.

Yeh i wouldve been peeved if paying full price and no static IP
  Print Thread

Jump to