User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Aiden94
(newbie) Fri 10-Mar-17 16:55:44
Print Post

New to sky fibre how do you set up a BQM graph

[link to this post]

new sky fibre customer and i was wondering how do you set up a bqm graph using the sky hub?
Standard User mbames
(member) Sat 11-Mar-17 16:44:46
Print Post

Re: New to sky fibre how do you set up a BQM graph

[re: Aiden94] [link to this post]

Unless you have a static IP address configured, then you can't. Sorry!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Can you monitor my connection if I have a dynamic IP?
We can only monitor your line if you have a static IP address as we are not able to track changes to your IP address at the moment. We will look at adding this functionality in a future version.

Sky Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-700
(Gone but not forgotten: 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User Angus973
(newbie) Sun 12-Mar-17 07:47:27
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

My primary school teacher often reinforced the fact that there is no such word as Can't in the dictionary. Still today, the word can't is incorrect regarding a TBB BQM with a dynamic IP address. Of course you can run a TBB BQM from a dynamic IP address. The only thing is, that you will need to start another BQM if/when your IP address changes. In the case of some suppliers such as Sky, that is not very often.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:38:36
Print Post

[re: Angus973] [link to this post]

Seconded. I'm not sure the guys at TBB are overly keen on people running BQMs on Dynamic IP addresses as it may impact any statistical analysis that they might be doing in the background.

It is certainly possible to run BQM on a dynamic IP address, but you do need to keep an eye on it, because as Angus973 has explained all you will see is a sea of red, every time your PPP session disconnects / reconnects.
Standard User arronlowley
(member) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:26:17
Print Post

[re: Aiden94] [link to this post]

I tried to setup A bqm with my mum and dads sky 40/10 package but for some reason they didn't work, I'm on sky fibre pro without the static ip enabled and mine does work.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:29:35
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Currently not used for statistical purposes but it does consume resources if we have lots of dead graphs

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to