User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rich_jtg
(member) Sun 02-Apr-17 10:20:03
Print Post

Currently have Sky FTTC, Now TV unavailable

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

My Sky contract is coming to an end, so have been looking around at what else is available.

As the Sky connection has been good, I thought I'd look at Now TV, but the checker is saying that their packages are unavailable in our area.

Is this normal? Does an exchange have to be LLU for Now TV to provide FTTC, but with Sky they use BT?

Pipex > Zen > Be > iDNet > Freeola > Zen > BT Infinity 1 > Sky Fibre Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Apr-17 10:24:29
Print Post

Re: Currently have Sky FTTC, Now TV unavailable

[re: rich_jtg] [link to this post]

If you have Sky FTTC then Now TV FTTC should be available, but there may be a capacity issue i.e. no spare ports on cabinet or their systems don't understand a Sky to Now TV move and say no.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 02-Apr-17 10:26:37
Print Post

Morning smile

You are always best to give them a call. I also got the same error when I ordered. I do have Sky at my exchange, I also have the NowTV Combo. For me the sky internet is not so great, but I am sure this is due to the rubbish router that they provide. I just wish they gave us the option to use our own router. It would keep some of us from moving on.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rich_jtg
(member) Sun 02-Apr-17 12:54:03
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies...

I didn't think of the Sky to Now TV issue - will probably give them a call (and Sky to haggle) in a couple of weeks. I tried to contact them via live chat earlier, but gave up after waiting around 40 minutes without the queue reducing!

@23Prince - yes the router certainly sucks. We ended up just using it as a modem and attaching a different router to deal with the network and wireless side.

Pipex > Zen > Be > iDNet > Freeola > Zen > BT Infinity 1 > Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 02-Apr-17 15:02:29
Print Post

I've just found out how to get into it and NOWTV support have said that we can use another router just not supported.

I am just waiting to hear how. I am connected at the usual but the connection is slower through.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Apr-17 16:28:22
Print Post

I just wish they gave us the option to use our own router. It would keep some of us from moving on.
It's fairly easy to get a router to work with Sky, most netgear ones work just fine nowadays, and tp links. Have a look around smile
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 03-Apr-17 19:31:38
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Cheers, I have one that will work it's getting the login details which are proving a problem.

I might just end it on the end of April, the speeds on it are dire, it must be Sky's network - but no where near what I used to get on Infinity 2. I'm in a 30 day contract too thank god.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Apr-17 20:42:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Cheers, I have one that will work it's getting the login details which are proving a problem.

I might just end it on the end of April, the speeds on it are dire, it must be Sky's network - but no where near what I used to get on Infinity 2. I'm in a 30 day contract too thank god.
What speed are you syncing at? The wireless is terrible with Sky SR102 but usually the sync is fine.

Bestway to get the creds is via a wireshark, it isn't that difficult. If you need a hand give me a shout.

I followed this back in the day:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/55168-extr...

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 03-Apr-17 20:43:06)

Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Mon 03-Apr-17 23:17:53
Print Post

Interested to know also!
Heard nothing but good things about Sky at network level.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 04-Apr-17 18:30:20
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

What speed are you syncing at? The wireless is terrible with Sky SR102 but usually the sync is fine.

Bestway to get the creds is via a wireshark, it isn't that difficult. If you need a hand give me a shout.

I followed this back in the day:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-router/55168-extr...

Thanks I will try that at the weekend. I get full sync for 80/20 line.

@LFW, Aye I will let you know too smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to