User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Apr-17 13:23:28
Print Post

Re: Currently have Sky FTTC, Now TV unavailable

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Seems a good price to be honest, £29 with no contract and now TV entertainment pass. ok there is a £44 set up fee.
At the moment i am paying £32 for plusnet and then £6.99 on top for my now Tv in just over 6 months i would have paid for the connection fee.

Maybe time to have a think about it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User choppersrock
(learned) Sat 15-Apr-17 13:48:24
Print Post

If you have fttc with sky you dont need to obtain login details anymore. Provided its in the right format. I run a vdsl modem and pfsense. Ipv4 and ipv6 work just fine. 3rd party modem/routers need to support skys dhcp requirements or they wont connect. There are requirements for ipv6 too if you want to be fullly compatiable.

My connection has been very good with low latency.

Have a look at skyuser.co.uk - plenty of info or just ask.

Cheers

Sky Fibre Pro - Zyxel vmg8324 (v14 bridge mode) + PFSENSE 2.4.0 with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI

Edited by choppersrock (Sat 15-Apr-17 13:50:25)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 14:01:30
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Seems a good price to be honest, £29 with no contract and now TV entertainment pass. ok there is a £44 set up fee.
At the moment i am paying £32 for plusnet and then £6.99 on top for my now Tv in just over 6 months i would have paid for the connection fee.

Maybe time to have a think about it.

Just make sure you have a decent router - the one they supply is horrible, has green wording on it and works like a sweaty sock!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 14:02:05
Print Post

[re: choppersrock] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by choppersrock:
If you have fttc with sky you dont need to obtain login details anymore. Provided its in the right format. I run a vdsl modem and pfsense. Ipv4 and ipv6 work just fine. 3rd party modem/routers need to support skys dhcp requirements or they wont connect. There are requirements for ipv6 too if you want to be fullly compatiable.

My connection has been very good with low latency.

Have a look at skyuser.co.uk - plenty of info or just ask.

Cheers

Okay thanks, I will try my Billion on it and see what happens. I think it can do it.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Apr-17 09:43:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Just make sure you have a decent router - the one they supply is horrible, has green wording on it and works like a sweaty sock!

wi-fi is not that important to me as long as it picks up the chromecasts in the same room.
this computer is on wired.
I did hear that the sky router do not have gigabit Ethernet, which is a bit strange. i am using the older hub zero at the moment, it is ok, but i doubt it would work with sky/now

If plusnet wants to knock a few quid off my broadband that would be fine as well.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Apr-17 12:56:42
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

wi-fi is not that important to me as long as it picks up the chromecasts in the same room.
this computer is on wired.
I did hear that the sky router do not have gigabit Ethernet, which is a bit strange. i am using the older hub zero at the moment, it is ok, but i doubt it would work with sky/now

If plusnet wants to knock a few quid off my broadband that would be fine as well.

Dosen't need it while we are rocking 80/20 lines - well unless you do internet transfers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to