User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Apr-17 20:50:35
Print Post

Sky mobile ?

[link to this post]

Just seen an advert ...

Anyone know much about it ? Is it repackaged O2 stuff maybe ?

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 09-Apr-17 11:59:25
Print Post

Re: Sky mobile ?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Google?

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile

£36 a month for a S8 with 1GB - LOL that's so laughable. You'd chew that up just turning it on over their 4G

But they do operate a system like O2 Refresh, so maybe they do use O2?

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 09-Apr-17 12:01:01)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Apr-17 12:04:39
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Anyone know much about it ? Is it repackaged O2 stuff maybe ?

O2 MVNO with pretty poor price plans if you ask me.

Aimed at SIM only customers but does sell phones, and their prices seem high to me. Claims one "exclusive" an ability to copy a programme from a Sky+HD box to the phone to watch. (Yes, this is Sky+HD not SkyQ) - but its unclear how that works.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 5th Feb 17: 57,821/9,173 kbps with G.INP
18 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Apr-17 13:35:11
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Sky Mobile also rolls over unused data at the end of the month and lets you use it for up to three years.

Oliver.
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Apr-17 15:43:22
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Yup the rollover data is a pretty good perk, but if you can get 2x the data elsewhere then the usefulness of the rollover is deminished.

I read that they use O2 masts but then feed it into the sky network for backhaul so maybe not your standard MVNO.

Kris

Sky Fibre
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User veritasme
(newbie) Tue 11-Apr-17 13:26:44
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

yes Sky use O2 network.
I changed to them from BT EE as not happy with being unable to use the service as when I made a call ( or tried to ) got constant message saying " the service is busy, please try later"
I Never have this trouble with Sky mobile, I'm on the 3GB plan at £15 a month, but use Wi-Fi indoors and outdoors where available, so don't use my data up (in fact just rolled over 2.9GB into the kitty.
Overall very pleased with Sky mobile and my son has just joined them too.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 11-Apr-17 14:18:06
Print Post

[re: veritasme] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by veritasme:
yes Sky use O2 network.
I changed to them from BT EE as not happy with being unable to use the service as when I made a call ( or tried to ) got constant message saying " the service is busy, please try later"
I Never have this trouble with Sky mobile, I'm on the 3GB plan at £15 a month, but use Wi-Fi indoors and outdoors where available, so don't use my data up (in fact just rolled over 2.9GB into the kitty.
Overall very pleased with Sky mobile and my son has just joined them too.

Fair play - and I do like the rollover part. But I would get 1.1TB if mine rolled over for 3 years at the £15 a month I pay 3. so not sure its worth it for me. I am on 30GB a month currently after dropping AYCE for only using 25GB a month
  Print Thread

Jump to