User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Apr-17 09:39:01
Print Post

Re: DON'T place an order for Sky broadband right now!

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
[

Even that does not really help. I know someone who did that - sold up and moved to somewhere sunny, he lives in a self made shack somewhere remote, he has internet and power but it's all on a Solar system, so if he does not have enough then he can't use it. But he seems to do okay.

As far as the state is concerned, he HAS vanished. I don't know the finer details, but I do know he is very happy living this way - I get an e-mail from him maybe once a week.
[/quote]

But he is still using the net, so have not really dropped out of society

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Apr-17 12:57:46
Print Post

Re: DON'T place an order for Sky broadband right now!

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
[

Even that does not really help. I know someone who did that - sold up and moved to somewhere sunny, he lives in a self made shack somewhere remote, he has internet and power but it's all on a Solar system, so if he does not have enough then he can't use it. But he seems to do okay.

As far as the state is concerned, he HAS vanished. I don't know the finer details, but I do know he is very happy living this way - I get an e-mail from him maybe once a week.
[/quote]

But he is still using the net, so have not really dropped out of society

Well, the same as someone would use a PAYG sim, they use it - no one knows who they are. And his goal was to drop out of the mainstream, not to disappear off the face of the earth.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to