User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 11:38:13
Print Post

DON'T place an order for Sky broadband right now!

[link to this post]

I did yesterday and I have just had an e-mail saying that the third party I agreed to Sky using for my info has leaked it!. They say they have tightened things up but that's my trust with Sky totally smashed!

So wanting to warn others!
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 11:41:42
Print Post

Re: DON'T place an order for Sky broadband right now!

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

This might not be bad to some, but to me it's really bad!

https://s1.postimg.org/jk8ujapm7/Screen_Shot_2017-04...
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Apr-17 17:32:46
Print Post

Sue them!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 21:18:14
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Sue them!

I can't for that, can I? I have reported them to the ICO, which I know I can do. And I have cancelled the order I had placed.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Apr-17 21:29:34
Print Post

Lol
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 11:35:24
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Lol

A bit pointless, but happy Easter? smile
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Apr-17 13:11:52
Print Post

This is the problem these days, i can understand why a mate of mine do not bother with the internet or any type of online thing. But as I said to him it could still affect him because his info is still stored on databases, his energy company, water company, the company he works for stores the info all in databases that can be hacked.
the only way out of it is to drop out of society and go and live in a cave somewhere../

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 14:11:16
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
This is the problem these days, i can understand why a mate of mine do not bother with the internet or any type of online thing. But as I said to him it could still affect him because his info is still stored on databases, his energy company, water company, the company he works for stores the info all in databases that can be hacked.
the only way out of it is to drop out of society and go and live in a cave somewhere../

Even that does not really help. I know someone who did that - sold up and moved to somewhere sunny, he lives in a self made shack somewhere remote, he has internet and power but it's all on a Solar system, so if he does not have enough then he can't use it. But he seems to do okay.

As far as the state is concerned, he HAS vanished. I don't know the finer details, but I do know he is very happy living this way - I get an e-mail from him maybe once a week.
Standard User TAZZ69
(regular) Sat 15-Apr-17 16:57:38
Print Post

I use a yahoo account and have started using individual email addresses for most stuff. Basically you choose your new email adress and it is linked to your real email address i.e. somebody-???@yahoo.co.uk is linked to realemail@yahoo.co.uk
the ??? can be anything you like and everything is delivered into whichever box you want so for instance everything from facebook can go into a new inbox named facebook or to your normal inbox if you wish.
If someone uses somebody-wrongname@yahoo.co.uk and you have not set up a rule for wrongname you never get it.
So if a suppler leaks your address and you start getting spam from whatever email address you gave them you can kick up a fuss and if you don't want anymore junk you delete the rule from that email address and you stop getting emails.
Wish I had started doing this from when I started with yahoo but I really need to go through all my accounts and switch them over to the new style addresses and stop using me real account details

Unlimited Fibre (55/10) on PlusNet
Customer since 2003 - Dial up - ADSL - Fibre
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 17:00:58
Print Post

[re: TAZZ69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TAZZ69:
I use a yahoo account and have started using individual email addresses for most stuff. Basically you choose your new email adress and it is linked to your real email address i.e. somebody-???@yahoo.co.uk is linked to realemail@yahoo.co.uk
the ??? can be anything you like and everything is delivered into whichever box you want so for instance everything from facebook can go into a new inbox named facebook or to your normal inbox if you wish.
If someone uses somebody-wrongname@yahoo.co.uk and you have not set up a rule for wrongname you never get it.
So if a suppler leaks your address and you start getting spam from whatever email address you gave them you can kick up a fuss and if you don't want anymore junk you delete the rule from that email address and you stop getting emails.
Wish I had started doing this from when I started with yahoo but I really need to go through all my accounts and switch them over to the new style addresses and stop using me real account details

Cheers, but this is my actual details that I used to create an order, so not just e-mail address :/
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Apr-17 09:39:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
[

Even that does not really help. I know someone who did that - sold up and moved to somewhere sunny, he lives in a self made shack somewhere remote, he has internet and power but it's all on a Solar system, so if he does not have enough then he can't use it. But he seems to do okay.

As far as the state is concerned, he HAS vanished. I don't know the finer details, but I do know he is very happy living this way - I get an e-mail from him maybe once a week.
[/quote]

But he is still using the net, so have not really dropped out of society

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Apr-17 12:57:46
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
[

[/quote]

But he is still using the net, so have not really dropped out of society

Well, the same as someone would use a PAYG sim, they use it - no one knows who they are. And his goal was to drop out of the mainstream, not to disappear off the face of the earth.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to