User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MikeL
(member) Wed 10-May-17 02:03:40
Print Post

Sky DNS server

[link to this post]

Hi

Since yesterday I have noticed the DNS server that Sky (adsl) use by default don't seem to be working? Anyone else noticed this? I've reset my router a few times but no improvement, so I'm using OpenDNS ones now. I recently updated the firmware on my router (dsl-ac88u) but don't think it could be that?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-May-17 09:51:55
Print Post

Re: Sky DNS server

[re: MikeL] [link to this post]

If Sky DNS had failed would expect twitter to reflect that as millions would be offline via their fixed and using mobile to search for solutions, no sign of that.

So maybe the firmware update is misbehaving

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MikeL
(member) Wed 10-May-17 12:52:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi

Thanks for reply. I tried to edit my wan settings and set it to no for get dns server automatically and put in sky's DNS servers. No improvement. But then on a Windows machine I put skys DNS server under ipv4 instead of get automatically and it worked. Not sure what this means! (I also changed it back to get dns server automatically on router and it still works)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-May-17 15:09:31
Print Post

[re: MikeL] [link to this post]

You can try querying them directly in a command prompt if it happens again.

nslookup www.google.com 90.207.238.97
nslookup www.google.com 90.207.238.99

I've never had problems with them so maybe it was a temporary local DHCP issue on your network.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to