User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User packetman
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 19:51:05
Print Post

Loss of Sky ADSL and phone service

[link to this post]

My sister-in-law has Sky Broadband and Sky Talk. She has lost service from both. She has disconnected the master socket faceplate and plugged just another phone (no filter or router) into the hidden socket, but gets no dial tone. She has reported this to Sky via Facebook Messenger, who have tested the line and confirmed there is a fault. They aren't prepared to do anything else until she sends a photo of the router and phone socket connection she normally uses to a web address, receive a reference number, and then contact them again with the number. This is so they can get BT OR to send "the right kind of engineer". They say this is a normal requirement from OR. The problem is her phone camera doesn't work and her iPad needs Wi-Fi to send a picture! Surely if the faceplate rear socket doesn't work and there is a proven fault, what's the point in sending a photo of the router connection? Doesn't that prove the fault is external, on BT's side of things?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 11-Jul-17 21:12:34
Print Post

Re: Loss of Sky ADSL and phone service

[re: packetman] [link to this post]

she lives in leics le3 area by any chance?

I have the same fault, no modem sync, no dial tone, however I wasnt asked to do any local testing, they just accepted my report, they ran a remote line test which has detected an external fault, and I have a fix date by tomorrow midnight as the targeted fix time.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jul-17 21:24:04
Print Post

Just call up they will send an engineer no problem.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User packetman
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 22:05:37
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

No, she lives near Romsey, Hampshire!

She tried phoning and couldn't find a way of speaking to a person. This Messenger thing seems to be the only way of (sort of) getting a person. It's now stalled on this stupid photo thing. How would anyone suggest proceeding? I think it's just one uniformed person, maybe try tomorrow morning to see if someone else is available? I thought as soon as it was proven there was a fault from before the master socket it would get sorted!
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jul-17 22:11:18
Print Post

Call Sky on 0333 759 3881 - I have never had an issue getting through to a human being in the past. Worst case try a different option.
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 22:37:49
Print Post

If you plan to go the photo route... Does your sister have a phone that allows tethering? Also known as mobile hotspot. That'll allow the ipad to get temporary internet access for her to send the photo.

I had problems with sky in the past and never quite understood the whole photo thing.
Standard User packetman
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 22:38:32
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Thanks, will suggest they try that number.
Standard User packetman
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 22:40:27
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

No, unfortunately I don't think they have a phone that provides tethering. The phone is quite old.
Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 12-Jul-17 09:49:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by packetman:
No, she lives near Romsey, Hampshire!

She tried phoning and couldn't find a way of speaking to a person. This Messenger thing seems to be the only way of (sort of) getting a person. It's now stalled on this stupid photo thing. How would anyone suggest proceeding? I think it's just one uniformed person, maybe try tomorrow morning to see if someone else is available? I thought as soon as it was proven there was a fault from before the master socket it would get sorted!

e-mail jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com on their behalf politely asking him to sort the thing or they will have to move away
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 12-Jul-17 22:14:23
Print Post

my voice is back today but no broadband, I will ring them again tomorrow and will see if they get awkward with me if they think the lack of broadband is down to the cpe setup.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to