User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Nov-17 21:29:19
Print Post

Generally happy

[link to this post]

Apart from not being able to contact them unless you use the phone, I have been pleased with the past twelve months that Sky have provided my ADSL.

Connection has dropped every few days and a new IP has been supplied, which has been a bit annoying but I've been able to watch films on Youtube without buffering that took Plusnet Some while to sort out for example.

A pity that they can't extend the offers they give to new customers to current ones, but I'll be happy to go back to them when my Plusnet contract expires. wink

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User richi
(regular) Sat 11-Nov-17 09:33:29
Print Post

Re: Generally happy

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Ditto. Except I'll probably go to TalkTalk

3 km line on THTG: 18/1.2 Mb/s with Sky
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8
Standard User gmangt4
(learned) Sat 11-Nov-17 09:42:14
Print Post

I find they do offer existing customers deals, my SKY Unlimited Broadband deal was up and I called up to see how long was left on my contract and to see if any cancellation fees and ended up getting an ever better deal as long as I signed up to another contract. Like a lot of companies it can depend who you get on the phone.
i too was same as you, happy but ready to shop around until they sorted me out with a deal I was happy with.

On a side note, I had connection drops too until I changed to my own router, very stable since.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fibre
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:29:31
Print Post

Been with them for about 3 odd years now, on the fibre, and hardly had any problems, only been down a couple of times or so, and when it has, its not been for long, only about half hr or so, and ive always had my max speeds (get the full 40Mb). smile

Sky Fibre Unlimited

Edited by Fibre (Tue 14-Nov-17 15:29:52)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Nov-17 12:04:52
Print Post

been 20mths now and no complaints, other than a hot Q Router when 5ghz is running, least it keeps my hands warm when the heating is off during the day!

Steve
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Wed 15-Nov-17 13:29:03
Print Post

Switching in two weeks from Pulse8 to Sky Fibre Max. Great service from Pulse8 but Sky offered my free install, postage and Sky Fibre Max for £30 a month for 18 months.

So fingers crossed on the service (used to have Sky Fibre Pro).

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to