User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mike_adams
(newbie) Sat 16-Dec-17 18:14:40
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre - Dropping Connection

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I played their game. I connected the Sky router up. Iíve tried the test socket behind the face plate and neither of those things made a difference. Not being able to book an engineer visit because they never updated their systems to say I had a router delivered?

Iíve had issues with BT but nothing like this.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 16-Dec-17 18:39:13
Print Post

[re: mike_adams] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mike_adams:
I played their game. I connected the Sky router up.
On the 12th
Iíve tried the test socket behind the face plate and neither of those things made a difference.
How long did you connect for?
Not being able to book an engineer visit because they never updated their systems to say I had a router delivered?
They never saw it connected, they only saw the Netgear
Iíve had issues with BT but nothing like this.
No-one knows what issues you have, because you have never said
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Dec-17 20:56:35
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

Sky wanted pictures of where my router was situated (having wifi issues). Just in case I had set it up in the fridge!

Steve

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dwg1
(newbie) Sun 17-Dec-17 01:16:15
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Have you tried posting your router's statistics on the Sky fibre/broadband discussions page. Rather than mentioning broadband/wifi issues when you speak to Sky try raising a fault with the phone line as others have had more success going this route....
Standard User mike_adams
(newbie) Wed 20-Dec-17 18:07:22
Print Post

[re: dwg1] [link to this post]

Itís been stable for the last few days and out of the blue we got a text saying a Sky engineer would be with us this morning. Looks like the original appointment was never cancelled even though it was supposedly for an openreach engineer. Anyway, I called him to let him know and he said it sounded like I was affected by the recent BT work in the area changing out line cards in support of faster speeds. Sky werenít informed and he only knew it was going on due to talking to their engineers when going out and about on his daily jobs. It kind of makes sense based on the dates and nature of the outages but not sure why Sky didnít look in to this as the guy was saying thereís been a spate of calls similar to mine over the last while in the same locale.
Standard User mike_adams
(newbie) Fri 22-Dec-17 11:08:31
Print Post

[re: mike_adams] [link to this post]

And itís gone again, pretty much as soon as I posted that!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to